MarketLive

www.marketlive.com
  www.marketlive.com
There are newer employer reviews for MarketLive

Lack of balance, communication, and joy

I worked at MarketLive

Pros

Friendly, local vibe environment near the Petaluma river. Professional and clean. Nice people. Decent space and workload. Services and products have lots of potential.

Cons

Potential doesn't come to fruition. Talented people end up stuck there rotting. Lack of training and skill development. Engineering-focused managers dominate everyone to the detriment of the organization. Not balanced, lack of communication between groups (all kowtow to engineering mgr), lack of industry-standard functional specs, lack of appropriate internal processes. Cart before the horse where engineers design the product instead of following the needs of the customer - that was my impression. Have never seen a s/w company run so poorly in this regard.

Engineering Management should follow a best-practices model where they create what is needed based on customer demand instead of cowboying it and controlling the other groups by force; too old school, inflexible, not collaborative, open, dynamic. Offer more employee FUN so it isn't such a dreary place to work. One picnic a year does not a fun company make.

33 Other Employee Reviews for MarketLive (View Most Recent)

Perhaps getting better now - only direction it could go!

I worked at MarketLive

Pros

Note: this is based on the situation a couple years ago. I hear it's somewhat better now.
    About the only "pro" was that there were some good ecomm ideas buried in some buggy code.
    Also, some of the folks there were very good, but almost all of the good people have left now (many to the competition).

Cons

So many problems, I'll just summarize. Basically, ML was a company in free fall. The operational state was so bad that most of the time was spent reacting to continous production outages and getting yelled at by (justifiably) angry customers on the phone. The fact that ML has any customers left is a testament to the strength of inertia. ML is ultimately a case study for some classic startup problems, including unplanned and unmanaged growth and direction.

Supposedly ML is making progess now. Management change, etc. Probably too little, too late, but guess we'll see. My advice? Get a time machine. Should have been fixed 10 years ago.

small start up

I worked at MarketLive

Pros

small enough envriroment. hard working people. lots of stuffs for you to learn.have chance to know lots of smart people.

Cons

high working pressure. time card needs to be filled each day accurated to half an hour. tech on call for one week on almost every 1.5 month.

improve the product. managment needs to know who is doing what work. who can do the work, who can't. move more people into support.

There are newer employer reviews for MarketLive