MarketSource

www.marketsource.com
  www.marketsource.com
There are newer employer reviews for MarketSource

Great part-time opportunity for college students!

Current Employee - Account Sales Representative in Vancouver, WA
Current Employee - Account Sales Representative in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at MarketSource

Pros

As an ASR you have the opportunity to represent fortune 500 companies such as HP, Sharp, Nokia, or T-mobile in retail stores. Very supportive success driven management. Flexible hours and reasonable pay for a part time job.

Cons

Very difficult to transition from part time opportunities within the company to full time or management level jobs. I was the top performer within my district and it was still very difficult to move up within the company.

332 Other Employee Reviews for MarketSource (View Most Recent)

Please don't work for MarketSource! Save yourself the headache!

Former Employee - Account Sales Representative in Newport News, VA
    Former Employee - Account Sales Representative in Newport News, VA

I worked at MarketSource

Pros

The pro's to MarketSource is that there are some great people and resources at work there. There is plenty of resources to help you learn your market and industry. MarketSource was perfect to work for since I was a home theater enthusiast. And all day I was surrounded by home theater equipment, what more could you ask for! Excellent and superior pay and benefits compared to other companies in the industry.

Cons

The cons are too plenty to list. In short, it's poorly managed and there is no job security with this company. Let's go with a hypothetical example, that a retail execution manager (REM) for an electronic television brand terminates an account sales representative and then tells that same sales representative it came down from the decision of the Human Resource Manager for MarketSource. Later that day the terminated sales representative spoke to the Human Resource Manager and the HR Manager did not know the sales representative nor anything causing the manager to terminate their employment. That person was told an explanation would be given why the REM conducted that way by the HR Manager, and the sales representative still hasn't heard why the inconsistency.

First hold all your managers and Human Resource personnel accountable to their actions and duties to the company, shareholders, and fellow employees. Answer questions from your account sales representatives that are actually in the field representing MarketSource in a timely manner, if at all. I loved my job at MarketSource. It was very frustrating losing your job and either your REM or HR Manager is lying to you about your termination. Tighten up and make everyone accountable, MarketSource is motivating, awesome, and so full of potential.

Good Contract Opportunity

Former Employee - Sourcing Recruiter in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Sourcing Recruiter in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at MarketSource

Pros

Serves a temporary purpose for contract recruiters...If you're in between opportunities, working here pays the bills....the plus is that you are helping good people find work.

Cons

pay is low.....you must be leving in the area to make it worthwhile, if not...gas will eat up most of the hourlyconract wage...

Create an enhaned training and onboarding program/training for your staff.....,anyone involved with the recruting process should have an understanding of process and procedure...documentation is keuy.

There are newer employer reviews for MarketSource