MarketSource

www.marketsource.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for MarketSource

Voilitile. One week they hiring everyone next all laid off.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at MarketSource

Pros

It is a great place to work and has decent mid level managers. It is all about numbers and the pay is on time and above the industry average.

Cons

Entire time i was there i was never sure if i would have a job the next week. The upper management would hire and fire how teams it often seems without much consideration

Lower the pay a little bit and add consistency. If there were never plans to have those numbers on for the times you declared then don't offer the positions.

387 Other Employee Reviews for MarketSource (View Most Recent)

Please don't work for MarketSource! Save yourself the headache!

Former Employee - Account Sales Representative in Newport News, VA
    Former Employee - Account Sales Representative in Newport News, VA

I worked at MarketSource

Pros

The pro's to MarketSource is that there are some great people and resources at work there. There is plenty of resources to help you learn your market and industry. MarketSource was perfect to work for since I was a home theater enthusiast. And all day I was surrounded by home theater equipment, what more could you ask for! Excellent and superior pay and benefits compared to other companies in the industry.

Cons

The cons are too plenty to list. In short, it's poorly managed and there is no job security with this company. Let's go with a hypothetical example, that a retail execution manager (REM) for an electronic television brand terminates an account sales representative and then tells that same sales representative it came down from the decision of the Human Resource Manager for MarketSource. Later that day the terminated sales representative spoke to the Human Resource Manager and the HR Manager did not know the sales representative nor anything causing the manager to terminate their employment. That person was told an explanation would be given why the REM conducted that way by the HR Manager, and the sales representative still hasn't heard why the inconsistency.

First hold all your managers and Human Resource personnel accountable to their actions and duties to the company, shareholders, and fellow employees. Answer questions from your account sales representatives that are actually in the field representing MarketSource in a timely manner, if at all. I loved my job at MarketSource. It was very frustrating losing your job and either your REM or HR Manager is lying to you about your termination. Tighten up and make everyone accountable, MarketSource is motivating, awesome, and so full of potential.

Great part-time opportunity for college students!

Current Employee - Account Sales Representative in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Account Sales Representative in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at MarketSource

Pros

As an ASR you have the opportunity to represent fortune 500 companies such as HP, Sharp, Nokia, or T-mobile in retail stores. Very supportive success driven management. Flexible hours and reasonable pay for a part time job.

Cons

Very difficult to transition from part time opportunities within the company to full time or management level jobs. I was the top performer within my district and it was still very difficult to move up within the company.

There are newer employer reviews for MarketSource