MarketSource

www.marketsource.com
  www.marketsource.com
There are newer employer reviews for MarketSource

Gained a great deal of skills; which I will always be able to use

Former Employee - Development Representative in Buffalo, NY
Former Employee - Development Representative in Buffalo, NY

I worked at MarketSource

Pros

Market Source is an Outsourcing Company. they are hired by large corporations to perform jobs that essentially may have just been created; and or recreated. Large organizations shell out X amount of dollars to Market Source to " gain market share". The company saves money - by NOT actually putting people on their own payroll. If you are flexible with where you live - there are always job openings.

Cons

Cons are not the reason not to work there - but a MUST to consider if you are Not entering the work force, or under the age of 35. As stated above - this is an OUT-SOURCING company. There is little to no job security. If you are young, and not tied down to a home mortgage, and a family, this job is a perfect fit. I resigned Last month - on my 2 year anniversary due to the following reasons.: No one at Market Source nor the company that hired Market Source that I worked for - could answer the question : WHEN THIS CONTRACT WITH MARKET SOURCE RUNS OUT DEC 31 2012, WILL IT BE RENEWED. In 2 years that I was there - that question was broached by every one of the account reps... This is in NO WAY a motivator. We all were waiting for the other shoe to drop constantly.
Additionally - word of advise - if you do go to work for them - and have a bonus check owed to you - DON'T QUIT TILL ITS IN YOUR HAND. I have been waiting nearly four weeks for a bonus check and getting no where with Payroll.

You have No real clue - what some of your market directors are doing today do you?? I saw my "BOSS" maybe 3 times in two years. Other then our National seminars. Our "FRIDAY MANDATORY CONFERENCE CALLS" - yeah, not so much mandatory for the boss, in 2 years they were 9 out of 10 times cancelled.

345 Other Employee Reviews for MarketSource (View Most Recent)

It was okay

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at MarketSource

Pros

I enjoy the company and the people I work with and overall was satisfied with my experience. I worked on 2 programs here and thoroughly enjoyed one and one was subpar.

Cons

They pay lower salaries and higher commissions....as long as commissions are paid out, it would be okay. On the program I was working, commissions were not paid and sales goals were unattainable

I would say for the management team needs to be straight up with the people on the program. If the commission is unattainable, then please let the sales representatives know.

Very Disatisfied

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at MarketSource

Pros

Enjoyed working with my co-workers, developed some valued friendships

Cons

Long hours, no room for growth, did not value work/life balance, unpaid

There are newer employer reviews for MarketSource