MarketSource

www.marketsource.com
  www.marketsource.com
There are newer employer reviews for MarketSource

Friendly People with Great Company Culture

I worked at MarketSource full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great leadership team that treats their employees like family

Cons

Advancement opportunities are hard to come by

332 Other Employee Reviews for MarketSource (View Most Recent)

Account Manager

I have been working at MarketSource full-time

Pros

Great company, with a phenomenal culture. Can't speak any higher of it. Best 3PL company to work for out there.

I've worked for multiple competitors of this company, and when MarketSource had a position open, it was a no-brainer to come over here.

Cons

Since all of our work is really client-based, the programs are only as good as the client, and sometimes that means we have zero clear direction. It's not an issue within the company, however I wish MarketSource would push back a little bit more when clients' give conflicting information.

Merit raises - some people REALLY deserve them.

A monstrosity of problems and late pay- Target Mobile

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at MarketSource full-time

Pros

great that we can check out our work schedule and email from home. flexible hours.

Cons

Its been 3 weeks... about to be 4 without pay. They keep saying its coming, or it was already sent out and were just waiting. or we are trying to work with our system that gathers payrole to get you paid on time. so far every person I talk to gives me a new excuse why none of the employees are paid yet. Im a manager, and im supposed to reach out to my superiors for advice or help with problems. But the district managers dont know much... i actually feel that the employees below them know more than the district managers. The district manager has no idea about why my set schedule keeps randomly getting change, what most procedures are, or whats going on with our pay. every time i call him his answer is always i dont know or were looking into it. for god sake please put better management in so the company can run better!!!!! I always also have problems with this system. if i try and ring up a phone i already know something is going to go wrong. so i am forced to stay on hold with support for an hour or longer. Sometimes they dont even answer. its like i cross my fingers and pray that i wont have to call them because i probably wont get through. And if i actually do get through the support team is very rude. there have been times i asked for help and they have replied mocking my question. i think that the support team needs to do there job with a better attitude and possibly get some more people staffed so were not on the phone for an hour making our guests wait. the whole process of selling a phone has become unpleasant due to the inconsistent company, policies, procedures, system, support, and pay. We were also promised a certain amount of compensation for selling pre paid phones, and suddenly changed it in the middle of the game expecting us to just bend over and take it. I feel like were being jerked around as employees and there testing out patients by there forever changing pay and polices. Oh, and dont get my started on scheduling. I am the manager and suddenly have no control over scheduling my employees. There is a random system that determines the schedule. and for the most part it doesnt match up to our availability. I take mondays and tuesdays off and they always schedule me on those days... its like they dont listen or dont care. I used to love my job and would brag about how i love what i do. Now its hard to even be motivated to want to work at all. management is no help. they have no insight on these forever changing things and urge us to just keep trucking on for the better of the company. I would love to actually get compensated for the hard work I do and wish they would stop changing these pay policies and stick to something before this company falls apart from poor management.

Hire new management (district managers) that are trained on the policies, procedures, and how to run the company. your putting dummies out there giving us air for answers and puffing up lies and things they dont even know about hoping it will keep us at bay until they can figure out there next move. Also please get your head out of your rear about payrole. Im sick of waiting to get paid on time and would appreciate if you would treat me like a real human and pay me for my hard work so i can pay my bills on time!!!!!!!!! And please set the correct expectation. if your going to be heartless and wait just about 4 weeks to pay your employees, please say up front that it takes you forever to figure out payrole... so we know what to expect. Also fix your system. I don't think I've gone one day without a glitch, system error, or failure to activate phones due to this inconsistent system. Get more people hired for the support team and payroll so things can get done in a timely manner. Sitting on the phone with support for an hour just to activate a phone is absurd. That creates a poor guest experience due to system errors and hurts sales. Also please brief all your employees about policies and procedures. I had a phone that wasn't activating, so i called into support to get help with it. they couldn't figure it out and couldn't get a hold of sprint to activate it. So since the guest already paid for the phone they said to send the guest home with the phone and call them later when its done with activations. The guests started walking away with there phone in hand and support called me back saying that they can't leave with the phone and take it away from them. Now, i understand that we need to activate devices before a guest goes home; but I was instructed by my companies support and activations team to send them home then they just up and changed there mind. What ended up hapening is that the guests waited 4 hours… yes, they actually wanted to work with me because i was so nice to them. Then after about 4 hours i called to check up on the activation, they still couldn't figure out what was going on and had no answers for my guests. They also said they had no estimation as to how long the activation could take and possibly would have to hold onto the phone for a few days. so needless to say the guests were so upset with the inconsistencies with the company they returned the phone and got there money back. I would advise you to train everyone better. When the new system was up and running for target mobile i was excited. But you guys didn't even give us passwords to get into the computer on our first day of w

There are newer employer reviews for MarketSource