There are newer employer reviews for MarketSource

Supportive Employer

Current Employee - Territory Manager
Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at MarketSource full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome Opportunities to grow with this employer.

Cons

Lots of hard work with great client companies

Continue to give opportunities to cross train and grow with the company.

reviews filtered by
  1. Poor pay, no holiday pay or vacation

Former Employee - Sales Manager (Wireless)
    Former Employee - Sales Manager (Wireless)

I worked at MarketSource full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

MarketSource is a Wireless contract holder with Target. Training is adequate to represent wireless carriers. Target staff and employees are awesome and Target has a great work environment. You will be cross trained to serve all Target guests. Loved the people, the job and carriers until MarketSource took over the new contract, went downhill from there on in.

Cons

Pay is horrible, goals unattainable due to no price matching is not allowed and Target.com is a separate entity with separate pricing usually lower than in store. MarketSource just announced effective immediately just prior to the 4th of July,2013 there will no longer be holiday pay and there will be no paid vacations. They offer no employee discounts either. $13.05 is base pay for a Wireless Manager, low chances for great commissions and bonus is almost null.

Had 2, one fabulous, motivating and encouraging, his replacement condescending.., arrogant and brings moral down. If you want to keep good talent don't start their day with "you disappoint me"

2. Even RadioShack was better at communicating.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Hudson, WI
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Hudson, WI

I worked at MarketSource part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Benefits were fairly extensive if traveling to the northeast or texas, ideas for the future looked promising.

Cons

The "promises" we kept getting handed as associates where more like bait to get us to work there longer. The commission system was horrible, there was a constant job threat unless we hit a nearly unreachable quota (for our low-volume store), and communication was non-existent. Communication should be the primary focus during a turnover like this. Also, nearly half of the managers/associates we had come to know and rely on either quit after the new commission system was leaked or were fired for unknown reasons.

Listen to your associates. We had complained multiple times about the commission system, the benefits, and your choice of punishment for helping Target Associates/guests.

There are newer employer reviews for MarketSource