There are newer employer reviews for MarketSource

Not what they tell you to expect

Current Employee - Sales Representative
Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at MarketSource part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employer discounts for phone carriers

Cons

You work alone You have to assist Target guests Has to do Target electronics team members jobs No help from management Not flexible with personal schedule

Advice to Management

Give the full description of job including the fact that you have to know all about Target.

Other Employee Reviews for MarketSource

Worst place I have ever worked

Former Employee - Finance in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Finance in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at MarketSource full-time

Pros

The company was flexible with hours.

Cons

They were small minded and it was truly about the "good old boy" system and they didn't attempt to hide it. There were not a lot of growth opportunities because of the minimal levels and small size of the internal company. They believed in a cookie cutter model and if you didn't fit, then you were out!

Advice to Management

You may have already made changes but if you haven't, you should appreciate the experiences your employees bring from other companies and use those to build on. Promote people who are deserving and don't just slide people in because you are friends with them. Treat people fairly because karma comes back around.

What a joke

Current Employee - Sales Manager (Wireless)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager (Wireless)

I have been working at MarketSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing good to say about this company.

Cons

Have been with the target mobile program for a few years... RadioShack was bad enough... MarketSource managed to be even worse. They have yet to get one of my paychecks correct. I've been shorted over 40 hours of pay across multiple paychecks.. An associate of mine who quit months ago is still owed money and their payroll dept can't figure it out. They ask us to sit around answering questions about our day and fill out a daily report... after we're off the clock... Illegal business practice right there. Can't ask employees to work once they're off the clock. I haven't seen my district manager yet and my DM rarely answers phone calls. There seems to be little to no oversight from the company and they don't seem to care about any of us, much less any of our problems. The commission structure is a terrible joke unless you're in one of a handful of super high volume stores. In an Average store if you're part time expect to never make commission. The bonus structure is laughable at best. They expect a 150% attach ate for accessories... Yet target barely sells any accessories for any of the phones except for iPhones. So assuming your team even hit that level of attachment... You also need to be above targets baseline goal for accessories... And based on how high you are over... You get a percentage of the difference... My store last month hit over 10% of the baseline goal. But my low volume store means had my attachment rate been there... They would have only paid me a lousy $36 dollars in bonus. What a joke. The benefits are terrible... For full health and dental they want over 300 a month for just medical and denal and vision. If you have kids... Get ready to spend 500-800 depending on the level of coverage you want. The give no access to the tools we need to effectively do our jobs, people come in and ask questions about their existing plans.... Can't even effectively tell them how much it would cost to add a line on or change a feature. Everything has to be accomplished by calling the help desk... Get ready to have a pissed off customer as you spend 30+ minutes on the phone waiting for a rep. The list of bad goes on and on. Do yourself a favor and find employment elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Fire all the radioshack execs you brought on board. They failed miserably and it's why the contract with target wasn't successfully renegotiated. They're the reason we lost 70% of our associates within 2 months starting April of 2012. Their terrible business decisions are crippling. And in general commit to the business and to the staff. Listen. Make changes based on what your employees are telling you.