MarketSource

www.marketsource.com
  www.marketsource.com
There are newer employer reviews for MarketSource

Great company to work for

I have been working at MarketSource full-time

Pros

great pay, great train program. flexible schedules.

Cons

no room for advancement, upper manager kinda under minds everyone. sometimes they make you feel like your just a number.

345 Other Employee Reviews for MarketSource (View Most Recent)

Target a Mobile

Current Employee - Team Leader in West Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in West Hollywood, CA

I have been working at MarketSource full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The use of technology is the best part of the job.
    For example, the ability to clock in and out on your phone. Also, The ability to get company information on multiple devices. Target has some of the best clientele. Also, the company pays once a week.

Cons

Marketsource does not pay sick time or holiday pay. The activation system is problematic and the associates that are supposed to troubleshoot it lack common sense. Vacation time does not begin until eighteen months. Also, Target has you ring up all of their guests, but provide no employee discount. As a result, I bought my phone at Walmart because they don't charge taxes on the full retail value of $699.99.

More power should be given to the managers at the store and they should report to the Target team leaders. Many of the district managers are carry overs from Radio Shack. They have never worked at the kiosk. There was a reason Target did not renew the contract. Also, the trainers from Marketsource are horrible.

Target Mobile - Stay away, Its gonna get worse

Current Employee - Target Mobile Kiosk Manager in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Target Mobile Kiosk Manager in Memphis, TN

I have been working at MarketSource full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Target Team members are great. You bring home a paycheck.

Cons

We were lied to prior to the conversion about almost everything. District managers knew info but kept it from employees so they wouldnt jump ship. We were lied to about our store's payroll hours, compensation, benefits and responsibilities. We were stripped off all management responsibilities but kept our titles so as to not "upset the employees". Originally our titles were being changed but they decided at the last minute not to. Wonder why? We cant make schedules, can't hire, can't fire and dont have real heath insurance nor pto or vacation time. Of course, none of this was told to us prior. You will have to deal with non cellular customers asking where stuff is as their is no one to be found in electronics cause they are off having to work books, magazines, cds, dvds, toys, mini seasonal etc. Poor target employees. It's gonna get worse as the new planned changes are for us to have to work the whole electronics department. This isnt fair as its not our job nor what we were hired for.District managers know this and are withholding this from their employees. If you are working for target mobile get out now please before it gets worse. If are thinking about getting a job here dont as it wont be what you're told it is going to be. You will be lied to about everything. As bad as this job was with radioshack at least we were treated as managers and some degree of respect. All the bad reviews you read are all true. Stay away!

Attempt to practice some transparency, offer benefits and show employees some respect. Let store managers manage again and stop being so devious and secretive about changes and whats going on in the program. I know you dont care and wont listen but this is just advice.

There are newer employer reviews for MarketSource