Account Sales Rep

Current Employee - Hewlett Packard Retail Representative in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Hewlett Packard Retail Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at MarketSource part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very Flexible. Works around your schedule. Easy job because you don't have a manager breathing down your neck. If you are good with people and can find enjoyment out of new technology this is the job for you.

Cons

You have to work weekends, and alot of hours during the holidays. There can be some weeks where you only work 10-12 hours a week, which blows on the pay check side.

Advice to Management

More hours.

Other Employee Reviews for MarketSource

1. Excellent part-time gig with high earning potential!

Current Employee - National Retail Event Representative (T-Mobile) in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at MarketSource part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Getting paid based on your results is the best part of working as a National Retail Event Sales Representative (T-Mobile)! I am able to constantly learn and grow by helping others and networking with all types of people in different places! As a National Retail Event Sales Representative (T-Mobile), there is a place to work all over the country. Flexible hours and up-line support. Co-worker diversity.

Cons

Scheduling can be quirky. Turn-around time for supplies to aid in optimizing performance can be slow. Direct communication from corporate to the field can be better. Travel expenses (mileage) and mobile device reimbursement would be great! Constant commission changes allow for lifestyle adjustments.

Advice to Management

Allow opportunity for the top sales reps to advance and be recognized! Experienced reps want more room for growth, need motivation to maintain career with the company.

2. Former Account Sales Rep and District Trainer

Former Employee - Account Sales Representative in Newport News, VA
    Former Employee - Account Sales Representative in Newport News, VA

I worked at MarketSource part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay for a part time position. Great product training. I had two of the best District Managers at that time. I'd go back if the opportunity presented itself.

Cons

little to no opportunity to expand hours outside of the weekend assignments. No opportunity to prove my abilities for promotion.

Advice to Management

Utilize your stronger employees to develop leadership opportunities. I saw many good ASR's leave because there were no opportunities to work beyond the permanent part time positions.