There are newer employer reviews for MarketSource

You better be one of the good old boys

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at MarketSource

Pros

My immediate supervisor was a fabulous individual and treated his team with respect and class. We got paid on Wednesdays, I appreciated that very much

Cons

They had their friends and friends of the family that they took care of. If you were not a 'MADE' man, you got nothing. Nothing there was based on Merit, but on perception. You can be an unperforming idiot one day and a star next year. Management changed constantly there. And 'RACE', at times seemed to be the big differentiater there. Minoroties..need not apply! There are a token one or two that are there doing well...but they posed no threat to the status quo.

Advice to Management

Keep people accountable, the days for the blame game is over, went out with the end of the cold war. Look at some of your long-timers...are they really producing.. Check the bottom line...are you, making any money? In football, the coaching stuff would have been fired by now! No wins to speak about.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Area Market Manager

Former Employee - Area Market Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Area Market Manager in Tempe, AZ

I worked at MarketSource

Pros

There were flexible hours for me to work around my college class schedule, my manager was very understanding, and the pay was excellent.

Cons

Some of the promotions expire because the company that is the customer for MarketSource no longer needs their service; so not a lot of job security.

Advice to Management

I really don't have a lot of advice to give; I really enjoyed my time working there. I suppose it would have been nice to be compensated for the different stores I had to commute to and from.

2. Great place to gain industry experience and contacts

Former Employee - Sales Representative in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in New Orleans, LA

I worked at MarketSource

Pros

It's a great company for a young professional trying to break into a specific industry. The company provides outsourced sales and marketing talent to large companies. Sales reps become the face of said companies at the retail level, interacting with retail management and sales reps to solves sales/marketing and merchandising problems and promote said companies products.

Cons

Questionable promotions. Good old boy mentality takes precedence over time, effort and professionalism. If you want to get promoted, you have to go out drinking with the big boys.

Advice to Management

No one wants to be micromanaged, but maybe someone should take a little interest in what's going on in the field.