There are newer employer reviews for MarketStar

It has been overall a wonderful experience

Current Employee - Product Specialist
Current Employee - Product Specialist

I have been working at MarketStar part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I get a lot of freedom and get to be on my own at a retail location and promote product.

Cons

At times it is hard to contact my supervisor. Most of our communication is through email.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good place to learn technical sales but not a career company!

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at MarketStar full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great hours, no weekend work, nice facility, good places to learn some advanced telemarketing. Great team environment.

Cons

Limited opportunities for promotion, pay is not great, heavy metrics driven for most part

Take a better look at the skills, education, and experience of those you choose for managers.

The Client is the most important thing.

Former Employee - Market Manager
    Former Employee - Market Manager

I worked at MarketStar full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good pay, flexible hours, laid back atmosphere.

Cons

Your job is always in jeopardy. They make their decisions based on what their client's "needs" are and you could be terminated at any time. Even if you are the best at what you do, if you don't live in the right area, your position will be eliminated. They claim they will do everything they can to move you to another program within the company, but you have to do all of the work to find another position to apply for. Depending on the area you live in, they might not have any other opportunities for you. They only care about what the client wants, and do not fight for their people at all. Client says, "We want to change our coverage model. Let's drop these markets..." MarketStar says, "No problem, we'll get right on that." There is almost ZERO opportunity to advance within the company as well.

There are newer employer reviews for MarketStar