MarketStar

A job, not a career

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at MarketStar

Pros

- Best work/life balance of any company in my career
- Extremely strong benefits package
- Line managers seem to truly care about their teams

Cons

- Bottom scale of compensation. Total compensation is less than half of that of the client
- Senior management completely oblivious to the day-to-day operations
- As good as the benefits are, the career opportunities are the worst, especially if you are not in Utah.

I completely understand the contractor - client relationship and that the reason that companies such as MarketStar exist is because the cost to the client to outsource position is low. However, MarketStar has shown a tendency to underbid on contracts and expect $100K per year work for 60K total compensation. Even if you do perform well, this should not be viewed as a career opportunity because MarketStar is not a career. It is a job that you can use to possibly get on with the client.

Listen to your employees and line managers. Believe it or not, they actually understand what is going on.

290 Other Employee Reviews for MarketStar (View Most Recent)

Upper management is a joke.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

I have been working at MarketStar

Pros

The work environment was okay.

Cons

I have been around the block a few times and MarketStar is hands down the worst company I have ever worked for. I actually left on my own accord, and in the middle of the worst economy in decades, with no job prospects. That's how bad it was. Upper management is a joke and extremely immature. Stay away!

Treat employes with a little respect!

Great Benefits, Below average pay, Sometimes lack of customer service efforts, heavy on sales.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at MarketStar

Pros

Benefits are excellent, great employee programs, They are very fair to employees. Great work life management, and incentive to bring others on

Cons

Nice job would be nice once in a whlie. they kiss clients butt. Pay for what I do is below average, compared to others in the retail industry in this area. Management is more worried about sales in most cases, then whether the customer is being helped with a problem they have.

Stop worrying about getting the sale, and focus on helping the customer. If you do that people will come. There is to much middle management, and it seems that the only communication is via email, as well as too much focus on numbers.. Sales are more than just numbers. for store related issues. NOTE TO MANAGEMENT... Don't be afraid to say good job once in a while, PS if we open at 10, and you do actually call at 10:07, then chances are we don't have a sale yet. Its ok ; Youll; get over it... Oh by the way the associates don't need to be ridiculed if they forget to do something. Maybe they are actually with a customer and can not get to it right now.

There are newer employer reviews for MarketStar