Marketing Evolution

My Somewhere-Over-the-Rainbow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Dorado Hills, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Dorado Hills, CA

I have been working at Marketing Evolution full-time

Pros

The company is a leader in the industry with incredible growth opportunities. Quarterly reviews of different types and youearnedit.com membership offer valuable feedback, recognition, perks and election for bonus/raise. Company Values encourage in-depth training, process improvement, continued education, idea sharing, and positive company morale. Intelligent coworkers make for a knowledgeable and productive environment. Capacity planning helps ensure you are not overloaded or twirling your thumbs. Compensation and benefits package are better than most and are still improving. Office technology is advanced and you are provided any and all tech tools to help you succeed. Turnover has significantly slowed down due to efforts by senior management to improve morale, reduce work capacity, reward hard work and make better hiring decisions. Most employees that have proven they can stay on task are allowed to work remotely a couple days a week or more. Unless meeting with a client, the dress code is super casual and comfortable. With recent adoption of a morale budget, the offices participate in frequent fun activities and charity events - like beach cleanup, happy hour, staff lunch/dinners, pro baseball games, and river rafting. The morale budget also provides snacks in the kitchen like Keurig coffee, Clif bars, Jerky, Fruit, Candy, Juice, Chips, Nuts and more.

Cons

Communication with senior management can be challenging at times, as most work remotely. Some costs are cut while others seem frivolous.

Please encourage more inter-office interaction. It would be nice to know the people in other offices better, as we work together on a daily basis.

16 Other Employee Reviews for Marketing Evolution (View Most Recent)

It's about making our clients successful

Current Employee - Variety of Roles
    Current Employee - Variety of Roles

I have been working at Marketing Evolution full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I really enjoy the people and culture.

The use of technology, the orientation toward innovation, the dedication to education for team members, clients, and more broadly the industry, and the focus on figuring out how to increase marketers return-on-investment is up-lifting.

- People: Smart, capable, fun.
    - Technology: Amazing software.
    - Process: Well managed system for getting work done, and protecting time for innovation.
    - Clients: Interesting and diverse businesses to analyze. Clients respect us as close partners.
    - Pride: The company has consistently innovated. Attribution modeling, the value of online advertising on offline sales, then social media, then mobile... all at the same time as the level of insights become more detailed, and more real-time. That feels great to be part of ground-breaking work that I see written about in academic articles and dozens of business books that quote Marketing Evolution. I am thrilled when former professors ask me for my insight or experience on big data, etc. because they know we are at the forefront.

It feels like everyone is on the same page on the vision and purpose of the company, which centers on making marketers successful by delivering predictability, visibility and control over marketing ROI.

Cons

The agile method for managing innovation is a double-edged sword. It is great in that each month, meaningful progress is achieved. The other side is that there is always part of everyone's time that is pushing into the unknown.

Some people don't like the idea of "life-long learning." Usually these people opt-out within the first year when they find discomfort with having to innovate. It is important for hiring managers to ensure that people understand the expectation to innovate as an ongoing commitment.

On balance, I like the fact that its a cultural mandate to always learn, create and grow -- to evolve.

I've watched the company grow-up over the years, and enjoy the way in which the internal management has evolved. There is a great core of values that are explicit, that virtually everyone buys into, and opts into when they join. The agile/scrum process works well to consistently deliver innovation. I would ask that management consider if we can achieve more if we had a few less internal meetings. I would encourage management to please keep up the commitment to A-Players.

Innovative, interesting, challenging work!

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Marketing Evolution full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Exceptional co-workers who are extremely smart and collaborative; supportive culture; junior level employees have access to senior management; all opinions are valued; work is challenging and engaging on a daily basis; firm is committed to innovation that will push the industry forward.

Cons

Because of the focus on rapid innovation, employees are tasked with embracing ambiguity and defining new processes regularly. This is not a great fit for everyone.

There are newer employer reviews for Marketing Evolution