There are newer employer reviews for Marketing Werks

Fun company but....

I worked at Marketing Werks

Pros

Has a good atmosphere and culture.

Cons

Co-workers are like high school cliques, not enough work

64 Other Employee Reviews for Marketing Werks (View Most Recent)

Good Company to work for out of college

Current Employee - IT Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - IT Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Marketing Werks (more than an year)

Pros

Young Vibrant environment, Open door policy

Cons

High Turnover, Not much room for growth

Great company for those recent graduates looking for their first job

Current Employee - Client Service Intern in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Client Service Intern in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Marketing Werks as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

- Laid back organizational culture
    - Day-to-day tasks are flexible and vary
    - Attire is casual
    - Performance matters as you may have the opportunity to travel as a brand ambassador
    - Majority of employees are young and friendly
    - You learn essential things that you will use if you are able to stay with the company or elsewhere
    - Company parties and events are enjoyable. If you put your time into getting involved and participating, you'll get the most out of it.
    - Paid internship, full time, good hours
    - HR does a good job trying to expand your time here through extended internships, on the road opportunities, or networking elsewhere.
    - Overall a great learning experience and great insight look into the agency life.

Cons

- Involvement/work in your programs are limited
    - Internships do not lead directly into a full time position. Unless you are able to gain on the road experience (99% of employees have been on the road), do not count on having a full time position afterwards.
    - Expected as an intern to assist in administrative duties (receptionist, etc.) and do miscellaneous office tasks such as Kitchen/Office duty
    - Senior management rely on interns A LOT to do small tasks that they otherwise do not have the time or energy to do so.
    - Senior management sometimes look down on you and are not friendly because of your 'intern' status (I have personally experienced this). Or they think they are being sarcastic when in fact it just looks like they are mean.
    - Culture is somewhat cliquey, but manageable.
    - Some days you are extremely busy; other days you are bored out of your mind.

-Allow your program interns to flourish by delegating responsibilities that will challenge them, such as being responsible for road teams - things that we will eventually have to be responsible for
    - Do not allow this great company to become segregated and cliquey.
    -While some reviews tell upper management to hire experienced and specialized employees, continue to hire interns to allow them to gain insight and experience, and help them grow by giving us the opportunity to go on the road. How else will we grow as professionals if you don't give us that chance?

There are newer employer reviews for Marketing Werks