There are newer employer reviews for Marketo

Great Company, Great Product, Great Team and most importantly Great People!

Current Employee - One of the Customer Facing Teams in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - One of the Customer Facing Teams in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Marketo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is the best company I have ever worked for and I am proud to be working with a lot of super dedicated, hardworking and intelligent people. Not only that, I think they are really good people too outside of work.

Please bear in mind that I am only making this review for my team and a few other teams that I interact with on a daily basis.

There is no ego that I am aware of. This is not to say people don't have opinions which can be mistakenly taken as ego. I think the reason is that our CEO is a very humble guy and he probably only hires people who are similar. He is not like that pompous Marc Benioff going around telling people how awesome he is. He wears a Stanford T-shirt and jeans to work.

I believe this company has a long way to go and many more good things to come!

Cons

This is not really a con but if you can't work long hours, this is not the place for you! You need to think long term that your dedication is worth it in the long run.

Also, although I think the product is great, I wouldn't call it super easy to use (personal opinion). Marketers in most cases are not very technical. If someone else comes up with something easier to use even if it is not as powerful, then it might be a problem.

Nothing really. Maybe if you stay past 7 pm for work only, you can get your dinner reimbursed up to say $15 or something. I understand that this is not Google, LinkedIn or Facebook but that would be nice. If it doesn't happen, no worries!

61 Other Employee Reviews for Marketo (View Most Recent)

Micro Managing with horrible culture.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Marketo full-time

Pros

Many really smart & hard working nice employees, below management level.

Cons

Even more unethical people who only care about getting ahead and don't care about who they step on to get there. Too much micro-managing, wastes everyone's time and doesn't help get things done.

Listen to your employees and consider their feedback.

Very toxic and unhealthy

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Marketo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good product. Very talented and hard working non-management people. Successful company.

Cons

No work/life balance. Most on the management level have no prior management experience with very poor people's skills. Very few true leaders. Very fast front revolving door. Very easy to turn "postal" here. Workload across all departments is back breaking and it is non-stop. On most days the only breaks are bathroom breaks. Working thru the lunch hour happens quite often. Very little recognition. Low salaries.

While bending backward for your "money paying" customers, remember that you're company is nothing without it's work force. Marketo would had been numerous times bigger today at the rate they are/were hiring had it not been because of it's fast revolving front door.

There are newer employer reviews for Marketo