There are newer employer reviews for Marketo

Good but not great

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Marketo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great opportunity to learn, never a dull moment in this fast paced environment, work with smart and motivated people, very ambitious company creating a new software category, decent salaries, company makes an effort to improve benefits and supports volunteering and charity donations

Cons

Lot's of pressure for immediate performance, not a lot of longer term thinking or scaling, politics between managers can get in the way of results, stressful and loud office environment, average facilities, not a strong company culture, engineering does not get much attention or visibility

Invest more in engineering and product, recognize achievement at all levels by promoting from within more than just hiring externally, realize that the tactics which made the company successful from early years to IPO may not work to grow a public company at a rate that will satisfy wall street

57 Other Employee Reviews for Marketo (View Most Recent)

Not a good place to work

I have been working at Marketo full-time for more than a year

Pros

The only pros I see is a stand up and great sales department, minus the global head of sales.

Cons

Lot of gossip and inapproiate behaviour, managers sharing personal details about employees and creating a hostel work environment.

Hire seasoned managers, get an SVP or head of HR, and take a look at the senior mangers that are really junior players, and not very good ones at that. You should have sold to SFDC when you had the chance, bad move on the founders and BOD.

Great Company, Great Product, Great Team and most importantly Great People!

Current Employee - One of the Customer Facing Teams  in  San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - One of the Customer Facing Teams in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Marketo full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is the best company I have ever worked for and I am proud to be working with a lot of super dedicated, hardworking and intelligent people. Not only that, I think they are really good people too outside of work.

Please bear in mind that I am only making this review for my team and a few other teams that I interact with on a daily basis.

There is no ego that I am aware of. This is not to say people don't have opinions which can be mistakenly taken as ego. I think the reason is that our CEO is a very humble guy and he probably only hires people who are similar. He is not like that pompous Marc Benioff going around telling people how awesome he is. He wears a Stanford T-shirt and jeans to work.

I believe this company has a long way to go and many more good things to come!

Cons

This is not really a con but if you can't work long hours, this is not the place for you! You need to think long term that your dedication is worth it in the long run.

Also, although I think the product is great, I wouldn't call it super easy to use (personal opinion). Marketers in most cases are not very technical. If someone else comes up with something easier to use even if it is not as powerful, then it might be a problem.

Nothing really. Maybe if you stay past 7 pm for work only, you can get your dinner reimbursed up to say $15 or something. I understand that this is not Google, LinkedIn or Facebook but that would be nice. If it doesn't happen, no worries!

There are newer employer reviews for Marketo

Worked for Marketo? Contribute to the Community!