Marketo

www.marketo.com
  www.marketo.com
There are newer employer reviews for Marketo

Fast paced environment with lots of good challenges

Current Employee - Staffing Consultant in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Staffing Consultant in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Marketo as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Marketo is growing like wildfire which gives employees great career growth options.

Cons

Open office environment. Can be distracting at times. Communication from management is spotty

Better downward communication making employees more involved

66 Other Employee Reviews for Marketo (View Most Recent)

Visionary marketing software company with big aspirations

I have been working at Marketo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Many companies I've worked at, some of which include the most successful tech companies in the world, ultimately take a short-term view to business decisions even if they say otherwise and lack visionary leadership.

That's not the case with Marketo. The founders are bold marketing geniuses and are focused on building best-in-class, integrated marketing software for marketers rather than trying to chase a bunch of other opportunities or do things for short-term revenue.

Cons

Need better community software internally (Intranet). Chatter is ok for what it does but additional tools would be great.

Need to cut down unnecessary meetings and get to decisions faster and over email.

Make decisions faster and with fewer meetings.

Culture is perfect for anyone under 29 and/or unmarried with no kids. Sales review.

Former Employee - Sales in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Marketo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you are getting started in sales, this would be good. They built a lot of structure, they want a process followed and they will give you a one day training once a quarter (which in my sales experience is a big investment compared to the other firms where I worked). The managers are under a tremendous amount of pressure and watching how each deals with the intensity is a lesson. Your work colleagues tend to be a combination of bright or aggressive. For the most part, you get to see how they "make the hot dogs" from marketing to sales. This isn't Oracle but if you want a regimented way to learn a SaaS technology, you could do worse.

Cons

If you were my friend and work in sales, I would not recommend it to you. I would not recommend it because: work/life balance, C-level views their structure with blinders on (the system feeds you leads that you then close. but what if the system doesn't feed enough leads?) and the original people from the start up days continue to get promoted. They have tried to erase the fraternity feel of the place by hiring more women but waiting (together) for the last 12k deal to close at 8:30PM at the end of each month is stupid and feels like a waste of time. Another piece of context is that they are always looking to get cheaper. If you come with some experience and you are used to making a salary of at least 70k, you will have a very short leash. Finally, check out how often senior management sell their shares.

Continue to get yours, management. Everytime you cash out another chunk of shares, I laugh because of how little you value your "baby".

There are newer employer reviews for Marketo