Marketo

There are newer employer reviews for Marketo

Solid Tech Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Marketo full-time

Pros

Strong product with smart co-workers and fanatical customers. Currently providing more "perks" that are expected in tech.

Cons

San Mateo location. Most of the praise comes in forms of money (which isn't really a con) but there is limited positive feedback. Flexibility of working from home is frowned upon.

Allow a more flexible work/life balance. Partner with more companies for better "perks" including local discounts for things like gyms and attractions.

68 Other Employee Reviews for Marketo (View Most Recent)

Smart people, fuzzy career growth

I worked at Marketo

Pros

Marketoites are super sharp, helpful, and driven.

Cons

Not so clear career growth and career track planning.

Value the growth of employees as much as you value the growth of the company.

Good Career Growth, Fast Paced Environment, Smart Colleagues

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Marketo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I work with a lot of really smart people that constantly push me to do my best and always seem to be giving it 100%. The company and my team are changing very quickly, so there's a lot of room for growth and advancement if you want to seize it. No one's stood in my way on almost anything I wanted to learn or do, whether for myself, my clients, or my team. Because the product changes so quickly and we work with so many diverse clients, it's almost impossible to be bored or not feel challenged here. It's also a great place to network because we have some amazing clients (and you also get to see the ones that are dysfunctional and be glad you never went to work at that company).

Cons

You need to be a bit independent to succeed in my role. Our training and standardization is still not where I'd like it to be, despite the valiant efforts of a dedicated few. If you aren't interested in working hard, can't balance multiple projects, or you don't want to have to chase people down for help or support, you can get frustrated by expectations.

Lots of focus on my team about the short-term - hitting numbers, solving the most immediate problems in front of us. Don't forget to focus on the big picture processes that need to get put in place in order to meet your objectives long-term too. Those tend to prevent the short-term problems from coming up in the first place.

There are newer employer reviews for Marketo