Markit On Demand
www.markitondemand.com Boulder, CO 150 to 499 Employees

Work with great people but an increasingly corporate process

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Markit On Demand full-time for more than a year

ProsEveryone who works here is incredibly nice.

The deadlines are realistic, and I've never been expected to work overtime.

The C++ code base is good considering its age

For the most part, we can use whatever tools we want to get the job done.

Merit-based culture. If a new person has a good idea, the high-ups will listen.

ConsThings take a very long time to happen. We still have some things in Visual Source Safe and people on Windows XP who have been promised Windows 7 for a long time, which is preventing us from moving forward on other important technologies.

We are increasingly getting more process added to our daily work. We have two ticketing systems to track the same things, we have to talk to a dozen different teams to get something tested, and often it feels like you have to play a corporate game to get things done rather than doing real work. I am a software engineer but I do not get to spend nearly enough time writing code.

Because of the increased process, it seems like it is easier for senior management to ignore things that will be a problem until they actually become a problem, because then we have our line-item justification to fix it.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on removing process that just exists because you think it should. At a certain point, time spent tracking time becomes significant and outweighs any benefits.

Great learning opportunity for motivated individuals

Web Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Markit On Demand full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Many talented web developers and a great work culture create… Cons: If not living in Boulder the commute can take a toll. With… Advice to Senior Management: Continue providing learning opportunities for those that are motivated and have the desire. Recognize the competitive job market… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good company to work for, needs to re-think hiring and upper management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Markit On Demand full-time for more than a year

Pros: Nice people, interesting clients, potentially interesting work Cons: This company is definitely having some growing pains. There were clearly a core group of people that somehow got “in” during the early years, mostly… Advice to Senior Management: Shake things up a bit. The same ten people can’t have all the say with everything. Pull in some outside upper and mid-level talent, it… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Markit On Demand.

Worked for Markit On Demand? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Markit On Demand reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Markit On Demand CEO Lance Uggla. All reviews posted anonymously by Markit On Demand employees.