Markit
www.markit.com London, United Kingdom 1000 to 5000 Employees

Don't Walk... RUN!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Boulder, CO

I worked at Markit

ProsBig Name Clients - JPMorgan, Schwab, Scottrade, Bloomberg, etc.

Cutting Edge Tech - iPhone, Android, and iPad Development

Boulder - Great place to live. Perfect for families.

ConsWhere to begin? Firstly all of the other reviews you've read speaking of a culture of fear, favoritism , and cliques are total understatements. I have held jobs at other companies and though they had their issues they didn't come close to the dysfunction displayed there on a daily basis. The people who work there are absolutely miserable, and why shouldn't they be?

1) The Pay - is on the lowest end of the spectrum. Probably the biggest single contributor to the constant attrition within these walls.

2) Your Boss - The few long timers are extremely condescending, elitist, and gossipy. Odds are one of them will wind up as your manager. Prepare for hypocrisy, conflicting directions in using their completely broken development process, and favoritism.

3) Perks - Extremely substandard benefits and flexibility. The claim they are a Green company is a total joke. Its called telecommuting geniuses. Some of my colleagues lived as far away as Castle Rock and Estes Park and you waste tremendous resources having them unnecessarily come in every single day. I live in Boulder so coming in wasn't a big deal... except sometimes one of my kids was sick and that meant nothing to them. I still had to be there.

4) Workload - It's insanity. They over promise to their clients and you'll work 60 hours a week easy. People end up not taking their vacations due to veiled threats which adds yet more hostility and depression to this oppressive environment.

In summation? Keep looking. I'll never get back those two years I brought home anxiety and frustration to my family even when I wasn't an absentee husband and father.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise the pay, be kinder to your employees, improve your training and replace managers that seem to need replacements constantly. The amount you'll save in retention and up time will more than make up for the extra cost.

Decent place to start

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Markit

Pros: Learning experience Decent compensation Laid back environment Beautiful office in midtwn ny Cons: Limited career advancement opportunities Need to be part of "in group"… Advice to Senior Management: Improve the promotion criteria to better match the individual contribution… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

over-worked, under-paid

Web Developer (Current Employee)
Boulder, CO

I have been working at Markit

Pros: -get to work with cutting edge web development technology -allotted creative… Cons: the company has adopted a philosophy of under-cutting salaries as a means for under-bidding competition which leaves employees there being paid more than 20% below… Advice to Senior Management: it would behoove the company to invest in more mature and seasoned management rather than relying on senior technicians to take on technical management roles… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Markit.

Worked for Markit? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Markit reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Markit CEO lance uggla. All reviews posted anonymously by Markit employees.