Markit

There are newer employer reviews for Markit

Markit Rocks

Current Employee - Service Desk Analyst in New York, NY
Current Employee - Service Desk Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Markit full-time (more than a year)

Pros

An extremely fun and innovative company. Markit boasts an amazing social structure that allows a across the board level on interaction with all teams and levels.

Cons

They don't pay well. usually on the lower scale of the spectrum

No much to give.

326 Other Employee Reviews for Markit (View Most Recent)

Stay Away

Former Employee - Infrastructure
    Former Employee - Infrastructure

I worked at Markit full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing people. After reading all of my cons, the only thing that makes it bearable is the people. A lot of the people in Infrastructure are competent and know what the right thing to do is. The only other pro is that Markit generally acquires about three companies a year, which introduces a lot of change into the environment.

Cons

Where to start:
    Very poor pay, especially in Infrastructure.
    Very poor bonuses, especially in Infrastructure.
    CEO is delusional, he thinks he is running a dot com
    CIO is an empty seat, only out for himself but to his credit he doesn't hide it
    Very cheap budgets that get cut cut cut. Everything is done on a shoestring budget, nothing is done right or done strategically
    Horrible management, no clear career path
    Some of the toughest politics I've ever encountered especially with new acquisitions. The CEO must promise the world to new acquisitions only to pull the rug out
    Upper management only interested in the share price so they can get rich while the worker bees are given nothing

Create a real culture, not a fluffy pretend "dot com". Create a clear career path for junior people. Hire some real leaders.

Awful

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Markit full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Subsidized gym membership
    Health benefits
    close commute

Cons

10 years of working this is by far the worst experience I have ever had. Let me start with the interview process. The HR dept was so dis-organized that they interviewed me, I met with the hiring mgrs and then 2 weeks later was told by HR they had to interview me again!! because they lost my paperwork. When I got the offer and asked for more money. They actually told me you don't want to start a job asking for more money. Business 101 - you never take the first offer.

Senior Mgmt is a bunch of 30somethings who were at the right place at the right time.
    The work was awful, your team-mates are trying to throw you under the bus, and senior mgmt does not listen to anything you say. I spoke to the head of Business and IT and was told it would get better. However, do not trust MGMT. Once you express your concerns you will be treated with passive/aggressive behavior.

If you are interviewing for this company look at all the open positions that are in the same department. It will be a strong indication of what teams are worse than others.

stop worrying only about yourself and pay attention to your staff. If there is a concern or problem address it. Stop treating your staff like garbage. Stop being so cheap and spend some money on your employees.

I am so glad I not part of your horrific, disgusting environment

There are newer employer reviews for Markit