There are newer employer reviews for Markit

Markit Rocks

Current Employee - Service Desk Analyst in New York, NY
Current Employee - Service Desk Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Markit full-time (more than a year)

Pros

An extremely fun and innovative company. Markit boasts an amazing social structure that allows a across the board level on interaction with all teams and levels.

Cons

They don't pay well. usually on the lower scale of the spectrum

No much to give.

reviews filtered by

Awful

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Markit full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Subsidized gym membership
    Health benefits
    close commute

Cons

10 years of working this is by far the worst experience I have ever had. Let me start with the interview process. The HR dept was so dis-organized that they interviewed me, I met with the hiring mgrs and then 2 weeks later was told by HR they had to interview me again!! because they lost my paperwork. When I got the offer and asked for more money. They actually told me you don't want to start a job asking for more money. Business 101 - you never take the first offer.

Senior Mgmt is a bunch of 30somethings who were at the right place at the right time.
    The work was awful, your team-mates are trying to throw you under the bus, and senior mgmt does not listen to anything you say. I spoke to the head of Business and IT and was told it would get better. However, do not trust MGMT. Once you express your concerns you will be treated with passive/aggressive behavior.

If you are interviewing for this company look at all the open positions that are in the same department. It will be a strong indication of what teams are worse than others.

stop worrying only about yourself and pay attention to your staff. If there is a concern or problem address it. Stop treating your staff like garbage. Stop being so cheap and spend some money on your employees.

I am so glad I not part of your horrific, disgusting environment

Where is the button for zero stars?

Former Employee - Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Markit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Complete autonomy.
    The health benefits are excellent.
    Work life balance is great because nothing has to get done on time, or ever.

Cons

-Complete autonomy allows for most employees to hide.

-Poor compensation.

-No 401k match for years. Only recently implemented.

-Internal shares worthless unless you were there in the beginning and have amassed large quantities.

-Process, process, and more process. Nothing is ever delivered on time, if ever.

-Top heavy with management. Too many queens and not enough worker bees.

-There is no drive to deliver anything. It is all about placating clients with promises.

The process that has been implemented is atrocious. I am sure you are well aware that nothing is being delivered and that is exactly the reason. Your users are using the ever changing process to shirk responsibility. I believe that Mr. Uggla would not recognize his company now as it is a far cry from what he probably believes it to be. What a pity.

There are newer employer reviews for Markit