Marriner Marketing Communications

www.marriner.com
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Marriner Marketing Communications

Decent, but could be better

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Marriner Marketing Communications

Pros

Fun atmosphere (most of the time), decent opportunity to further your skills, usually allowed to complete a project without being micro-managed

Cons

Location is only good if you live in Columbia because nearby roads are overcrowded. The company is somewhat stuck in their old ways, there's minimal or no opportunity for advancement (depending on your position), pay is somewhat low, and raises and promotions are usually meaningless-you will have a new title but do the same job (or more) for only an extra $2000/yr.

Advice to Management

Instead of hassling employees if they are 15-20 mins late once in a while because of traffic, focus more on the quality of their work. Providing more competitive salaries will greatly reduce turnover and you will spend less on hiring/training new employees

Marriner Marketing Communications Response

Jan 20, 2015Controller

Thank you for your post regarding Marriner. In 2013 we moved our offices to a more convenient location in Columbia, right off of I-95. Along with the location change we added more collaborative ... More

reviews filtered by
  1. The best place in Baltimore to start is here.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Marriner Marketing Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This place is perfect for you to start your career. You get to know exactly what it is like to work in a real ad agency. All of the thrills and spills are on display all day/every day. Why watch Mad Men when you can live it?

Cons

Better to give than receive. That stands for your opinion and your attitude. If you allow someone else to rule your day, you can just sit in the corner and cry about it later.

Advice to Management

Change "Marriner" to "Meanier" before some other agency takes it.

On the right path

I have been working at Marriner Marketing Communications full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I truly love working at Marriner. I'm in an industry I enjoy, continue to be challenged everyday, and work with the best group of people in my career. As the marketing world continues to evolve, so do the opportunities to learn and grow. Management has been an advocate for me in continuing my professional development and offered me the opportunity to stretch my wings. Work-life balance has been great with the flexibility to work from home as needed.

I feel a true sense of teamwork at Marriner where everyone is in it together. We have built a family that relies on one another, and let's everyone have a voice. I couldn't imagine working with a better group of people.

Cons

Having been at Marriner for the past few years, I'm seeing an evolution. We've fought a siloed environment, but are evolving to a more integrated, collaborative workstyle. Though, with any evolution there are growing pains along the way. Processes need to change, we need to be open to fresh thinking and new ways of doing things. The culture is changing and we are experiencing the good and bad that goes with it.

As the marketing world is ever-changing, I feel that a more formalized program of training and education would be beneficial to all. We are a well-resourced agency with great industry partners we could tap for continued learning. It just needs to happen on a more regular basis.

Advice to Management

We are on the right path but need to continue to invest in our people, be open to new ideas and work together to push our company forward.