Marriott

www.marriott.com
There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

Marriott the company is wonderful...management not so much

Current Employee - Booking Agent in Sarnia, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Booking Agent in Sarnia, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Marriott

Pros

Full-time hours...
Decent benefits
Paid sick days
Employee room discounts great
Co-workers are wonderful to work with
Attempts of management to raise moral and make it fun appreciated...

Cons

Low pay for the amount of responsibility required, two tiered staff the upper management and the others...would comment further but will not use profanity, the rules are always changing I feel to suit which ever manager you happen to speak with, lack of respect from management to staff, I am a long time employee of 5 plus years, the daily JUNK mail that we receive in our mail box is not very green or socially responsible, pep talk prior to the yearly employee survey is laughable..very shallow, feel that management needs to be refreshed to improve employee moral, any large corporation that I have been involved in replaces management to keep the positive image of the corporation. Our management team is very stale and needs new faces to improve the overall company image, and experience

Leadership at our centre needs to be refreshed, new ideas, new faces, management doesn't listen they lie to staff, not a very good employee relations

1530 Other Employee Reviews for Marriott (View Most Recent)

Marriott is a great employer

Former Employee - Director of Operations
    Former Employee - Director of Operations

I worked at Marriott

Pros

Everyone strives to deliver the best guest experience
    Ability to grow your career through personal development and promotions if you want to move
    Service to communities in which we do business
    Great business ethic and philosphy: take good care of your associates, because they take care of the guests, and the guests come back. Leaders run their hotels by this credo.
    Hard working senior leaders that walk the walk.

Cons

You may need to move to take advantage of promotional opportunities - this can be a pro or a con!
    During these economic times, there have been reduced hours for hourly staff and lay offs for management.

Don't get caught up in the management drama and just hit your numbers.

Former Employee - Regional Outside Sales
    Former Employee - Regional Outside Sales

I worked at Marriott

Pros

Good benefits. Good work-life balance. You got out what you put in...if you network well and follow up on leads and don't expect clients to come to you, you can do very well.

Cons

Senior management needs to take a more active interest in smaller divisions. A lot of wool being pulled over the eyes of corporate.

Do reviews to check the morale of your team. You have a behavioral assessment, don't just use it to hire...use it to help your managers better understand their teams and work together.

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott