Marriott
3.6 of 5 1,175 reviews
www.marriott.com Bethesda, MD 5000+ Employees

Employees all do their best to work together.

Operations Supervisor (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

ProsEasy to move from one hotel to another within the company. With many of the locations in the US being corporate ran the transfer ability is simple and for managers they even pay for the moves up to $4000 in some cases and more for longer range moves.

ConsHiring process seems to be a little skewed at times. There used to be a birage of interviews to go through and now if someone likes an applicant it only takes a nod from the general manager to push that candidate through. With the general manager not being fully aware of the persons qualifications, it can be a detriment to establishment when they are waived through the process.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of your comfort zones. Hire people from outside of your immediate circles. Many managers don't want to take the time to train new managers. So, when a position comes available a manager tends to put a call out to their friends to apply and if they do apply it is almost automatic as to who will get the position. Get back to basics.

Decent Company to work for, however, regional Sales Office concept is an epic fail!

Sales Manager (Former Employee)
    Gaithersburg, MD

I worked at Marriott

Pros: Opportunities all over the world if one is flexible to move. Marriott's product… Cons: As a sales professional, working in the regional sales office is the equivalent to working at a call center. In my opinion, this is not… Advice to Senior Management: I don't have any feedback. Management does a good job… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Marriott as a company is great, but the pay is not.

Front Desk Associate (Current Employee)
    Detroit, MI

I have been working at Marriott

Pros: Huge network of hotels gives room to move around and be promoted Management is usually understanding and respectful Fun and… Cons: LOW pay (barely above minimum wage) - makes it easy to burn out Training system has some flaws Dealing with some RUDE, pushy, unrealistic people -… Advice to Senior Management: Please find a way to pay the front desk staff a higher wage. Hire quality people who are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Marriott.

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marriott reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Marriott CEO Arne Sorenson. All reviews posted anonymously by Marriott employees.