There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

Employees all do their best to work together.

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Marriott

Pros

Easy to move from one hotel to another within the company. With many of the locations in the US being corporate ran the transfer ability is simple and for managers they even pay for the moves up to $4000 in some cases and more for longer range moves.

Cons

Hiring process seems to be a little skewed at times. There used to be a birage of interviews to go through and now if someone likes an applicant it only takes a nod from the general manager to push that candidate through. With the general manager not being fully aware of the persons qualifications, it can be a detriment to establishment when they are waived through the process.

Get out of your comfort zones. Hire people from outside of your immediate circles. Many managers don't want to take the time to train new managers. So, when a position comes available a manager tends to put a call out to their friends to apply and if they do apply it is almost automatic as to who will get the position. Get back to basics.

1354 Other Employee Reviews for Marriott (View Most Recent)

Decent Company to work for, however, regional Sales Office concept is an epic fail!

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Gaithersburg, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Gaithersburg, MD

I worked at Marriott

Pros

Opportunities all over the world if one is flexible to move.
    Marriott's product is excellent. I still prefer to stay at Marriott properties when I travel.

Cons

As a sales professional, working in the regional sales office is the equivalent to working at a call center. In my opinion, this is not a sales position. No face to face contact with clients is not built on true relationships and limits the sales manager's abilities. This is challenging.

I don't have any feedback. Management does a good job at preparing those who desire growth.

I was dissappointed and embarrased with the staff, the maintenance, and the food.

Former Employee - Server in Point Clear, AL
    Former Employee - Server in Point Clear, AL

I worked at Marriott

Pros

The paycheck. In this economy take what you can get!

Cons

The staff in the restaurant (salt water grill & grand dining room) are unprofessional, and unfriendly and mean to new employees. The employees have to walk half a mile from the parking lot to job site twice a day everyday. The work is backbreaking and if you get hurt too bad, youre done!

The management in the Salt Water Grill, and Grand Dining Room dont take negative feedback seriously. During daily meetings the negative GSS was a joke to them. Someone complains and fills out a complaint card that person is "crazy" or a "nag" because we are the best hotel- number 1 as a resort and number 9 in the world, bla bla bla. TAKE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK AND LEARN FROM IT!

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott