There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

Decent Company to work for, however, regional Sales Office concept is an epic fail!

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Gaithersburg, MD
Former Employee - Sales Manager in Gaithersburg, MD

Pros

Opportunities all over the world if one is flexible to move. Marriott's product is excellent. I still prefer to stay at Marriott properties when I travel.

Cons

As a sales professional, working in the regional sales office is the equivalent to working at a call center. In my opinion, this is not a sales position. No face to face contact with clients is not built on true relationships and limits the sales manager's abilities. This is challenging.

Advice to Management

I don't have any feedback. Management does a good job at preparing those who desire growth.

Other Employee Reviews for Marriott

1. Marriott as a company is great, but the pay is not.

Current Employee - Front Desk Associate in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Front Desk Associate in Detroit, MI

Pros

Huge network of hotels gives room to move around and be promoted Management is usually understanding and respectful Fun and young front desk staff Employee hotel discount is nice Time at work goes by quickly because you are always busy

Cons

LOW pay (barely above minimum wage) - makes it easy to burn out Training system has some flaws Dealing with some RUDE, pushy, unrealistic people - you have to learn to not take complaints personally The hours are hard to get used to, transitioning between early mornings and late nights Working on holidays

Advice to Management

Please find a way to pay the front desk staff a higher wage. Hire quality people who are great at the job, and the extra money you pay them would be well worth it. Don't hire idiots.

2. Has shpaed me into the person I am today.

Current Employee - Food Runner in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Food Runner in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

. Flexibility . Benefits . Consistency . Good leadership

Cons

. Work on holidays . Conservative company . Not up-to-date with technology trends

Advice to Management

. Need better teamwork/integration between certain departments in hotel