I give myself the personal satisfaction of the job I do.

Current Employee - Administration  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
Current Employee - Administration in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Marriott

Pros

health insurance, 401K, discounts on rooms, restaurants, shops within Marriott, paid time off
chance to transfer to other properties all over the world, able to change positions and cross train, the more crosstraining makes you more valuable, paid for time worked, you don't have to fight to get your pay that is owed
chance to meet really nice people

Cons

Discounts on rooms are great, but you don't have the time to take advantage, sadly short staffed in all or most departments, associates have to use their paid time off by the end of the year, or they'll lose it, but again, when the department is short staffed, how can you go on a vacation?
Advancement is limited at property, one has to leave the property to advance. Poor quality associates are hired, while quality associates leave. Management has double standards and are not consistant with policies.

Don't be afraid to leave your offices and open your eyes. Many of your underling managers can't do their job as managers because they're more concerned with playing the popularity game. Many of those managers do not abide by Marriott culture and are certainly no role model.

Other Reviews for Marriott

excellent organizational culture

Current Employee - Intern  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Marriott

Pros

1 care for associate
    2 advanced training for self improvement

Cons

1 information system is old

I enjoyed working with the guests, however management did not take the time to care or train employees accordingly.

Former Employee - Front Desk Associate  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Seattle, WA

I worked at Marriott

Pros

Very friendly guests, staff was also friendly.

Cons

At the time, poorly run hotel - new management and ownership I believe has hopefully helped change the property.

When I worked at this hotel (approx. 200 guest room property) management would oversell the hotel by and ungodly amount, once 27 rooms on the day of arrival. For a property this small that is an incredible amount. Walking this amount of guests is incredibly stressful and not only puts guests in a terrible position, but the employees as well. "I know you were hoping to stay in downtown Seattle, but I have a great room for you at the Best Western in Monroe" - Guests wanted to jump over the desks and kill us.

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott.

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!