There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

Educational but quite demanding.

Former Employee - Housekeeping Manager  in  Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Housekeeping Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Marriott

Pros

They have a great benefit plan and a large focus on associate satisfaction. A lot of employees recognition programs as well.

Cons

They should direct some of their associate focus to Management recognition as well. Required extensive overtime without compensation for salaried employees.

They have very good core values for employee retention. Sometimes they lose focus of those values and employees lose confidence in them.

1311 Other Employee Reviews for Marriott (View Most Recent)

Great!

Current Employee - Food and Beverage Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Food and Beverage Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Marriott

Pros

great opportunity for advancement through hard work and dedication to the "culture" of Marriott. Excellent benefits as well as competitive salary.

Cons

The major downside from a F&B perspective is that a lot of the operation is a "color by numbers" situation handed down from corporate mandates. Balance of work/life is not all that they promote. Salaried staff often work 12-16hrs a day if need be days at a time.

For the most part I have no real advise. My Management Team is always available and helpful in any matters I may have concerning my job.

amazing growth opportunities - great culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Marriott

Pros

Marriott has a wonderful culture. People are very team oriented, supportive and encouraging. They are open to sharing their wealth of knowledge and you know it's a great place when you have so many for-lifers who have climbed the ladder over a span of 20-30 years. You also have great perks - benefits are top notch plus you add in the associate discount for hotels. You can't beat it! Everywhere you go, there's a Marriott hotel so it means growth potential like crazy, plus a footprint you and your family can take advantage of.

Cons

It's a huge, complex company with a lot of bureaucracy but it comes with the territory of being such a large company. Compensation is not in the higher percentile but they make up for it with work/life balance, family emphasis and great benefits.

Continue to communicate and celebrate in the way that you have. May be time to update HQ's which are a little outdated.

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!