Marriott

www.marriott.com
  www.marriott.com
There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

Great place to work if Marriott International, Inc managed. Franchise < Marriott International, Inc.

Current Employee - Front Desk Associate in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Front Desk Associate in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Marriott

Pros

Global brand with beautiful properties all over the world. The great opportunity to work abroad. Good benefits and support. Pay is a little bit better if working for a Marriott International managed property. Great associate rates for rooms all over the world.

Cons

Takes a lot of hard work, time and patience to move up. Must be willing to relocate in order to move up.

Pay attention to employees who are actually making a positive impact for the brand. With those employees help them grow in the right direction for success in the organization/industry. Cut loose the ones that don't make an impact and are just there preventing the growth of the up and coming.

1455 Other Employee Reviews for Marriott (View Most Recent)

Educational but quite demanding.

Former Employee - Housekeeping Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Housekeeping Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Marriott

Pros

They have a great benefit plan and a large focus on associate satisfaction. A lot of employees recognition programs as well.

Cons

They should direct some of their associate focus to Management recognition as well. Required extensive overtime without compensation for salaried employees.

They have very good core values for employee retention. Sometimes they lose focus of those values and employees lose confidence in them.

I have been with the company for 6 years and plan on becoming a Marriott Lifer! Love the company!

Current Employee - Event Planning and Banquet Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Event Planning and Banquet Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Marriott

Pros

The Marriott is a great opportunity to develop in the hospitality industry. The company is very open to growth from within and there are such a wide range of departments to learn about.

Cons

Sometimes it is all about who you know, rather than your efforts from the ground up. But this is the case with any company and though it can be frustrating at times, it just makes me more determined to earn my way up. :)

I have worked at some hotels with strong leadership and some with weaker or less focused on the goal leadership. I think the number one priority of the company is satisfying the guest and creating guest loyalty. Being the leading brand in the hospitality industry, we already have the profit, now we need to work on the repeat customer!

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott