There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

Stressful but fulfilling

Current Employee - Front Desk Supervisor  in  San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Front Desk Supervisor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Marriott

Pros

The people that I work with make the job worth showing up everyday. Not only do I love my staff and want to help them grow, but I love the type of customer that Marriott attracts. Most of their loyal customers are level headed people that appreciate Marriott as much as I do.

Cons

It can be a very stressful job when people become high maintenance guests. There is also no potability of a normal work schedule, or guaranteed 40 hours a week year round.

1302 Other Employee Reviews for Marriott (View Most Recent)

Insensitive Management - Lots of work for low pay

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Marriott

Pros

You get to meet lots of people! Typically (If you are in a busy area) surrounding restaurants will offer benefits and discounts in exchange for recommendations. The travel benefit is another obvious perk. If you work second or third shift, you have minimal contact with management. This makes the job less stressful.

Cons

Management tends to be snooty. At Front desk, the expectations are high with little remuneration. The Management jobs are good and have decent pay, consequently the turnover is low within management making advancement opportunities minimal at best.

Marriott should implement a complaint line or some sort of resolution for problems with management at franchised properties. Many of the franchises are concerned solely with money - not guests - and not employees. This goes against Marriott's number 1 core value - Take care of the employee and the employee will take care of your guest.

Good job not very good pay

Current Employee - Font Desk Clerk  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Font Desk Clerk in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Marriott

Pros

The best reason to work at Marriott is the benefits. Good job for a student or someone who doesnt mind working holidays

Cons

The pay is very low for the amount of work thats required. Working holidays and weekends.

The only advice I could give to Marriott is that they should consider the individual when doing the yearly review as opposed to an across the board 3% raise.

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!