Marriott
3.6 of 5 1,172 reviews
www.marriott.com Bethesda, MD 5000+ Employees

Great company, options for movement, respectful workplace.

General Accountant (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

ProsMarriott offers great benefits include an associate discount at Marriott hotels (when available). Managers encourage you to train in other positions or take on new tasks to promote growth, and actively try to build your skills.

ConsIn an Accounting/Finance role, there are few options for promotion. There is typically only one progression: General Accountant, Assistant Director of Finance, Senior Assistant Director of Finance, Director of Finance. From there you may move between hotels in the same role for the rest of your career.

Great Employer to work for

Group Housing Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

I have been working at Marriott full-time for more than a year

Pros: You are able to get a job anywhere in the world and you have room to grow. You will… Cons: The amount of time it takes to be promoted can be a bit lengthy, and hotels are open 24/7! I also feel that this company… Advice to Senior Management: Value your hourly employees more by recognizing that some of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

if mobile you can really move!!!

Operations Manager (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Marriott full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Fast moving, chance for growth Cons: Highly structured. Little room for thinking outside the box. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Marriott.

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marriott reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Marriott CEO Arne Sorenson. All reviews posted anonymously by Marriott employees.