Marriott

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

Hard Work Pays Off

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Marriott full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good company that values hard work. If you put in the time and work hard you can get promoted. Company is full of ground up success stories. Strong culture, service oriented and likes to promote from within. As long as you are open minded and willing to put in the time the sky is the limit so many routes to take within the company. Benefits are pretty good.

Cons

With the bad economy hourly associates (non-management) have a hard time getting raises compared to when I first was hired with the company. I would like to feel that I am getting paid based on my contribution to the company right now its based on your service years in your position. Good, bad, or ugly performance my raise is going to be the same. Sick time and vacation time are lumped into one. Don't use up all your paid time off on vacation or you will be in a bad position if you are sick or have an unforeseen emergency.

1454 Other Employee Reviews for Marriott (View Most Recent)

Great opportunity

Former Employee - Home-based Reservations in Solon, OH
    Former Employee - Home-based Reservations in Solon, OH

I worked at Marriott full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits. Flexible schedule. Professional IT tools to get the job done. Work from home!!!

Cons

Low pay. Complex bonus process.

Bland

Former Employee - Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Marriott full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Discounts on hotels & good vacation time that you can earn

Cons

-never really felt like part of the team
    -preach a lot about family and principles and how they care about workers but do not practice what they preach
    -Decline of brand...Guest complains...Now some of the other brands in the company are okay Like Renaissance & Ritz-Carlton
    -Horrible supervisors... advanced because they have been there a long time rather than on merit

When you make suggestions and try to change operations, base it on data. Supervisors and managers at the hotel lack analytical skills. Made decision indifferent to data. When you ask question, for reasons, or for them to support claims they get irritable and say they don't need evidence they just know.

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott