Marriott: Nice Benefits

Former Employee - Banquet Server in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Banquet Server in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

At Marriott we embrace a unique code of service we call “spirit to serve”. We believe it’s essential that each of us do our part to make a difference in the lives of others, whether it’s our fellow associates, customers, business partners or neighbors. Marriott offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that you’d expect from an industry leader and we provide the programs and resources that help our associates achieve a true sense of satisfaction – on and off the job. In keeping with our associate-centered culture, Marriott’s benefits package includes: 1. Medical, dental, life & disability insurance 2. 401(k) retirement savings plan 3. Continuing education/tuition reimbursement 4. Ongoing training and career development programs 5. Work/family programs and services 6. Discounts on hotel rooms, food & beverage

Cons

Dealing with annoying,upset, and stuck-up customers.

Advice to Management

Don't be stupid and book banquets on the same day and time because it is usually us who ends up getting yelled at.

Other Employee Reviews for Marriott

1. 7/10

Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Benefits, bragging rights and transfer opportunities.

Cons

Senior management. I think that's enough said.

Advice to Management

Commend people for a job well done. Be sure to communicate to people that are less than DIRECTLY below you in the chain of command. Remember that you alone do not run the company.

2. A nice place to work if you like what you do.

Former Employee - Golf Cart Attendant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Golf Cart Attendant in Chicago, IL

Pros

It was a nice, relaxing environment with kind people. I had an easy job that I really liked: I worked on the resort's golf course servicing the golf carts. I didn't have to deal with customers too often, but when I did they were usually pleasant. My co-workers were nice, as well. I think that getting to work outside makes for a nice environment. It was never stressful, even on busy days or days with bad weather.

Cons

Not too much opportunity to provide feedback or suggestions. Management did not interact with lower-level employees to find out if their policies were successful or not.

Advice to Management

Open up to more input from lower-level employees.