There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

Wonderful experience representing the best in hospitality

Current Employee - General Manager Hotel in Cedar City, UT
Current Employee - General Manager Hotel in Cedar City, UT

I have been working at Marriott full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Vision with highest regard for their employees as well as guests.

Cons

Little to no freedom with individualism property to property. However, I understand that they want complete consistency within brands.

1372 Other Employee Reviews for Marriott (View Most Recent)

Great pay & benefits, but hard work and bad staff

Former Employee - Server in West Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Server in West Des Moines, IA

I worked at Marriott part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great pay for restaurant workers
    Side work was minimal at best
    Moderately flexible schedules & when you aren't busy they closed the restaurant early

Cons

Side work was minimal = substandard food service environment
    Lots of uneducated/not well trained employees which led to constant gossiping, crying, skipping work, and high turnover leaving the capable and mentally stable employees with all of the work.

Hire people because they are suited for the job, not because you feel sorry for them.

The WORSE place EVER to WORK or STAY at!!

Former Employee - Guest Services in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Guest Services in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Marriott full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are seriously NONE..AT ALL!!

Cons

This place seriously has the WORSE management EVER. Its managed by SSN Hotels and they are just horrible. They care NOTHING about their employees or guest. This place had so much potential when it first opened in Feb 2012 but since then it has went DOWN hill. I mean they been through THREE General Managers...that should tell you ALOT rite there!! Anyone with common sense has already LEFT this place or is trying to leave. I was one of the ones that started from the start and I wanted to be loyal to the company and stick it out....but after i realized that they didnt care about their employees or guest than I left to go work an an ACTUAL Marriott hotel..not another franchised hotel...and let me tell you their is a BIG difference... (Now this review ISNT about Marriott because I have worked for Marriott for many years and I LOVE working for Marriott...This review is about SSN Hotels.) They dont care about anyone but themselves...Mr. Marriott would prolly be rolling over in his grave if he knew how poorly this hotel is ran and how the empolyees and guests are treated because Marriott has such high standards for their employees and their brand...and THIS hotel is not living up to either. Its NOT up to Marriott Standards at all. If they dont get NEW management soon then Im pretty sure its gonna get shut down. Its way too many hotels in the King of Prussia area for anyone to have to stay or even WORK at this one. My advice is if you want to work for Marriott DONT choose THIS hotel...choose an actual Marriott hotel...not a franchise. All though I have worked for other Marriott Franchise hotels and they were not AS BAD as SSN Hotels..but its still NOTHING like ACTUALLY working for MARRIOTT!!!

GET NEW MANAGEMENT..STARTING WITH THE OWNERS!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott