Marriott

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Experience Agent in Aliso Viejo, CA
Current Employee - Experience Agent in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Marriott full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Usually great management teams just a few people you wonder how did they get in here

Cons

up tight sometimes and think theyre better than others

1448 Other Employee Reviews for Marriott (View Most Recent)

Good pay, good management, full benefits for full time workers.

Current Employee - Night Auditor in Marina del Rey, CA
    Current Employee - Night Auditor in Marina del Rey, CA

I have been working at Marriott full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Competitive pay, and you can have good management. Depends on which property. Excellent company to get in with if you end up having to move. The transfer process is easy.

Cons

Often rude guests, and the management can be overbearing. A bad director of finance will limit the effectiveness of the Front Desk staff.

The property I'm at strikes the perfect balance between tough accounting and leeway to actually take care of guests.

Not bad, but not good

Former Employee - Night Auditor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Night Auditor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Marriott full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The work is easy once you get used to it
    The room rate discount, when it's actually available
    You can count on getting hours and a check if you're full time status (Reliable)

Cons

-NO opportunity for advancement. NONE. They do not hire from within. Every job has to be posted and 9 times out of 10 they bring in someone from another hotel that upper management is familiar with. Promoting from within the property DOES NOT HAPPEN.
    -Benefits are a joke compared to most other companies; health insurance is $250 for just me at 25 with no existing conditions and no tobacco. I needed an MRI scan done and they didn't even cover that. It's nice to say that you offer benefits on paper, but I can go to BlueCross and BlueShield and get coverage for $50 a month just paying out of pocket. It's also better insurance.
    -In the past few years they have cut staff ridiculously. At the select service properties in our area, we don't even have housekeeping supervisors/management. The AGM or Operations Manager controls that along with the desk. This leads to no morale within that department and stress on the desk due to improper room conditions. They staff the hotel as short as possible leaving busy weekends (even convention weekends) with nothing but 1 front desk agent in the hotel. Occupancy hasn't changed, and rates have gone up. If anything, occupancy is higher. The economy cannot be blamed.
    -The way Marriott budgets per occupied room is RIDICULOUS. Reformat the budgeting structure.

Promote from within and you'll have some good, dedicated employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott