Love it!

Current Employee - Front Desk Associate in Kennesaw, GA
Current Employee - Front Desk Associate in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Marriott part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work with the best staff. My boss has a wonderful way of hiring the right people. We are a small hotel and we are like a family. We are all team players and wear many hats for the betterment of the hotel and our guests.

Love the perks!

Cons

I wish the pay was higher.

Advice to Management

Get an updated system. Still on FOSSE (dos)

reviews filtered by

once a great company

Current Employee - Housekeeper in Hickory, NC
    Current Employee - Housekeeper in Hickory, NC

I have been working at Marriott full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The best company to work for if management is in order. The girls are lively and willing to work hard.

Cons

Too much talk not enough work
    Supervisor need to do more work. Work holidays. Put in as much effort as your employees. Hire people that can do the work and not for your personal benefits

Advice to Management

keep check on the little people they what makes the hotel

Not bad, but not good

Former Employee - Night Auditor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Night Auditor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Marriott full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work is easy once you get used to it
    The room rate discount, when it's actually available
    You can count on getting hours and a check if you're full time status (Reliable)

Cons

-NO opportunity for advancement. NONE. They do not hire from within. Every job has to be posted and 9 times out of 10 they bring in someone from another hotel that upper management is familiar with. Promoting from within the property DOES NOT HAPPEN.
    -Benefits are a joke compared to most other companies; health insurance is $250 for just me at 25 with no existing conditions and no tobacco. I needed an MRI scan done and they didn't even cover that. It's nice to say that you offer benefits on paper, but I can go to BlueCross and BlueShield and get coverage for $50 a month just paying out of pocket. It's also better insurance.
    -In the past few years they have cut staff ridiculously. At the select service properties in our area, we don't even have housekeeping supervisors/management. The AGM or Operations Manager controls that along with the desk. This leads to no morale within that department and stress on the desk due to improper room conditions. They staff the hotel as short as possible leaving busy weekends (even convention weekends) with nothing but 1 front desk agent in the hotel. Occupancy hasn't changed, and rates have gone up. If anything, occupancy is higher. The economy cannot be blamed.
    -The way Marriott budgets per occupied room is RIDICULOUS. Reformat the budgeting structure.

Advice to Management

Promote from within and you'll have some good, dedicated employees.