Marriott
3.6 of 5 1,169 reviews
www.marriott.com Bethesda, MD 5000+ Employees

A Solid Employer

Vice President (Current Employee)
Bethesda, MD

ProsOpportunity to grow if you work hard. Company is flexible if you prove yourself. Large amounts of growth and change going on due to globalization -- this can be both good and bad. This is still a place where you can make a career for yourself and explore a number of different jobs.

ConsBenefits are good but not great. Some divisions at HQ are very flat and there is little room for promotion within a skill set. Property level associates have more room for advancement, it appears, so long as you are willing to move. This is still a "good ole boys" place to a large degree and senior management can be very conservative.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe agile. Use technology. Allow all associates to have a real voice (and that isn't the Associate Satisfaction Survey).

Great Place to develop a career

Manager (Former Employee)
    Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Marriott full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: There is not much to dislike about this company, so long as you understand that it is a business and not everything is going to… Cons: Know that there are Marriott franchises (which aren't owned by Marriott), and Marriott owned properties. The franchises don't always play by the same guidelines as… Advice to Senior Management: Maybe take a little of the money allocated to employee… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

My experience was decent, a lack of great management took back from my time there.

Banquet Server (Current Employee)
    Providence, RI

I have been working at Marriott full-time for more than a year

Pros: Brand recognition on resume. Ability to transfer around to different Marriotts if desired. Quality work… Cons: Management lacked structure and at times conflicted directions towards staff. Setting up for events was challenging… Advice to Senior Management: Overall great job, tighten up the bolts. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Marriott.

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marriott reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Marriott CEO Arne Sorenson. All reviews posted anonymously by Marriott employees.