Great Place to develop a career

Former Employee - Manager  in  Scottsdale, AZ
Former Employee - Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Marriott full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There is not much to dislike about this company, so long as you understand that it is a business and not everything is going to go in your favor. If you are objective, it is a great place to pursue a career. Many opportunities for advancement, all over the world. Nice travel perks as well, with great room discounts.

Cons

Know that there are Marriott franchises (which aren't owned by Marriott), and Marriott owned properties. The franchises don't always play by the same guidelines as corporate. The corporate owned facilities are well run, and maintained. There is a lot of attention paid to payroll, and staffing levels. If you are one who likes to get paid to do nothing, not a great place. Also, I am not a rah rah person, and there are maybe a few too many dollars spent on employee "moral builders". Not saying that that is bad for all. Overall, there aren't many things to not like, especially if you enjoy traveling, and you have to factor that into your wage, as they aren't the highest paying company on the planet.

Maybe take a little of the money allocated to employee programs, and increase wages. About all that I can think of.

Other Reviews for Marriott

My experience was decent, a lack of great management took back from my time there.

Current Employee - Banquet Server  in  Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Banquet Server in Providence, RI

I have been working at Marriott full-time for more than a year

Pros

Brand recognition on resume. Ability to transfer around to different Marriotts if desired. Quality work environment though. Pleanty of opportunity to be creative and help figure out better efficient measures.

Cons

Management lacked structure and at times conflicted directions towards staff. Setting up for events was challenging at times when two managers have two ideas and you dont know which one to listen to.

Overall great job, tighten up the bolts.

Terrific company to work for-highly ethical!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Marriott part-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly, dedicated associates and management.
    Fantastic hotel discounts!

Cons

No legacy benefits for part timers(profit sharing)

Please offer profit sharing to part timers.

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott.

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!