Marriott
3.6 of 5 1,170 reviews
www.marriott.com Bethesda, MD 5000+ Employees

My experience was decent, a lack of great management took back from my time there.

Banquet Server (Current Employee)
Providence, RI

ProsBrand recognition on resume. Ability to transfer around to different Marriotts if desired. Quality work environment though. Pleanty of opportunity to be creative and help figure out better efficient measures.

ConsManagement lacked structure and at times conflicted directions towards staff. Setting up for events was challenging at times when two managers have two ideas and you dont know which one to listen to.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall great job, tighten up the bolts.

It was a good learning experience. Good market research.

Bartender (Current Employee)
    Palm Desert, CA

I have been working at Marriott full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great benefits. Ability to transfer to any job or company… Cons: Very large company, so chain of command is counterproductive and… Advice to Senior Management: Better communication among staff of every level... Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Terrific company to work for-highly ethical!

Irvine, CA

I have been working at Marriott part-time for more than a year

Pros: Friendly, dedicated associates and management. Fantastic hotel discounts! Cons: No legacy benefits for part timers(profit sharing) Advice to Senior Management: Please offer profit sharing to part timers. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Marriott.

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marriott reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Marriott CEO Arne Sorenson. All reviews posted anonymously by Marriott employees.