Marriott
3.6 of 5 1,169 reviews
www.marriott.com Bethesda, MD 5000+ Employees

I miss working for Marriott, it was a great experience for someone starting out in the hospitality industry.

Floor Manager (Former Employee)
New York, NY

ProsGreat benefits package, great discounts on hotel rooms, excellent training programs and networking opportunities, opportunity to transfer and avdvance to management.

ConsHard to make decent money at some of the suburban locations, and at some locations the hourly associates made more than management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake into consideration the pay scales for management vs hourly associates. While the associates work hard and in most cases deserve the compensation they earn, in many cases that discourages them from moving into management, as well as creating a sense of entitlement among the associates, and that spreads like a cancer. On that topic, in many cases lower level and mid-level management also end up doing the jobs of the associates, as they may not have as much pride in their work, and mgmt ends up finishing the work for them.

It was Okay.. I guess..

Guest Service Agent (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I worked at Marriott full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great company to move up in. Cons: Marriott does NOT stand behind their employees when it comes… Advice to Senior Management: There are ALWAYS 2 sides to every story.. Your "valued… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

They have really great benefits for full-time employees

Room Service (Current Employee)
    Iowa City, IA

I have been working at Marriott full-time for less than a year

Pros: Benefits: They have a slew of really great benefits, but the benefit that takes the cake is the employee health insurance. Most employee health insurances… Cons: The hospitality business can be pretty demanding Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Marriott.

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marriott reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Marriott CEO Arne Sorenson. All reviews posted anonymously by Marriott employees.