There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

I miss working for Marriott, it was a great experience for someone starting out in the hospitality industry.

Former Employee - Floor Manager in New York, NY
Former Employee - Floor Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Marriott full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits package, great discounts on hotel rooms, excellent training programs and networking opportunities, opportunity to transfer and avdvance to management.

Cons

Hard to make decent money at some of the suburban locations, and at some locations the hourly associates made more than management.

Advice to Management

Take into consideration the pay scales for management vs hourly associates. While the associates work hard and in most cases deserve the compensation they earn, in many cases that discourages them from moving into management, as well as creating a sense of entitlement among the associates, and that spreads like a cancer. On that topic, in many cases lower level and mid-level management also end up doing the jobs of the associates, as they may not have as much pride in their work, and mgmt ends up finishing the work for them.

Other Employee Reviews for Marriott

1. Best-In-Class!

Current Employee - General Manager in Weston, FL
    Current Employee - General Manager in Weston, FL

I have been working at Marriott full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You're extremely valued, you are recognized for your conributions, excellent benefits, excellent pay.

Cons

I don't work here any longer.

2. They have really great benefits for full-time employees

Current Employee - Room Service in Iowa City, IA
    Current Employee - Room Service in Iowa City, IA

I have been working at Marriott full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits: They have a slew of really great benefits, but the benefit that takes the cake is the employee health insurance. Most employee health insurances have huge deductibles; they have a 90/10 plan with a surprisingly small deductible. I was very impressed with their employee health insurance offering. Great working environment: pretty much liked and enjoyed the company of every employee I ever met at this location, not just my own department Good employee food: The employee menu is absolutely fantastic. Hotel-stay discounts Hotel-food discounts

Cons

The hospitality business can be pretty demanding