Marriott

www.marriott.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

An Educational Journey

I worked at Marriott full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I was with Marriott for many years. The education and knowledge gained over those years was phenomenal. I met and worked many wonderful people and some not so wonderful. Marriott took very seriously the integrity of customer information and went to great lengths to ensure personal data was protected. The benefits we’re very good.

Cons

Senior Management put on a good show of cohesiveness, but in reality most of them could not stand each other. It was like watching a pack of wolves fight for the leftovers. If you we’re marked badly from above your career was finished within Marriott.

Stop messing around and finish your “Transformation”. There is so much good talent at your fingertips that would like to know their future. I would have loved to have stayed and retired from Marriott, but you created too much risk the way you carried out your initiatives.

1580 Other Employee Reviews for Marriott (View Most Recent)

Amazing company to work for

Former Employee - Bartender in Halifax, NS (Canada)
    Former Employee - Bartender in Halifax, NS (Canada)

I worked at Marriott full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working for the Marriott offers full benefits, staff meals, free courses offered, opportunity for growth, opportunity to transfer locations, great support amongst co-workers and within the company.

Cons

Working within a large corporation makes opportunity for change rigid i.e. policies are set in stone with not a whole lot of room for debate, plus must adhere to standards set as a corporation which can overlook circumstances unique to each property.

Great Experience

I worked at Marriott

Pros

Marriott is a fantastic company to work for, they always provide opportunities to move up within the company. Friendly staff and management.

Cons

A lot of times management will ask for input from the employees but will not actually do anything that the employees have suggested. there are a lot of "middle men" to get anything done.

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott