Marriott
3.6 of 5 1,175 reviews
www.marriott.com Bethesda, MD 5000+ Employees

Excellent company to work for

Director (Former Employee)
Bethesda, MD

ProsExcellent benefits. Opportunities for additional training programs to enhance current position as well as to develop yourself for the next step. Annual performance evaluations. Nice people to work with. Comfortable working environment. Great reputation. Proud associates.

ConsAt headquarters, there are constant reorganizations and turmoil going on somewhere in the building which is unsettling and difficult not only for that dept., but for those around it and who have friends impacted by the upheaval. It is not good for morale. It seems a lot of long-term associates and older workers are targeted; it's the company's way of getting rid of good people with high salaries when there is no just cause. They just reorganize and make everyone re-apply for a "new" position. Also a lot of sr management don't really do anything and you wonder why they are still there when so many truly good people who work hard and make valuable contributions are cast aside. Long hours. Lots of stress. Many say the company, sadly, isn't what it used to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are too many people managing others who shouldn't be because they don't have the skills, the temperament or the experience to do it well. A bad manager can make for a lot of disgruntled workers, impair productivity and damage morale. More should be done to make managers accountable for poor results on associate opinion surveys. Survey results are shared in departmental staff meetings so the obvious problems are confirmed, but nothing is done to improve or correct them. That makes morale even worse. Employees don't trust the confidentiality of the surveys so they inflate their responses, especially when their bonus is directly tied to results.

I learned a lot but the pay was bad

Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee)
    Orlando, FL

I worked at Marriott full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great training They treat their employees very well for the most part They value… Cons: Pay was very low, I was getting paid the same as when I worked as a sales rep but I had 10.000 more responsibilities. Early hours… Advice to Senior Management: They should propose a salary raise and the yearly raise should… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place to work, but hard to move up from Night Audit position

Night Auditor (Former Employee)
    West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Marriott full-time

Pros: Nice work environment, good people to work with. Cons: Tough hours, very little pay increases Advice to Senior Management: Night Audit employees need incentive based pay and bonuses. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Marriott.

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marriott reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Marriott CEO Arne Sorenson. All reviews posted anonymously by Marriott employees.