There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

I did not work here for a long period of time however, the management was wonderful and very accommodating.

Current Employee - Food and Beverage Manager  in  Ronkonkoma, NY
Current Employee - Food and Beverage Manager in Ronkonkoma, NY

I have been working at Marriott part-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly atmosphere and my manager was wonderful

Cons

not any at this time

1301 Other Employee Reviews for Marriott (View Most Recent)

Many unprofessional supervisors and coworkers. Not a job for anyone outside of hospitality area.

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent  in  Ypsilanti, MI
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Ypsilanti, MI

I have been working at Marriott part-time for more than a year

Pros

Helping people, getting to see regular guests.

Cons

VERY HIGH turnover rate, problems with upper management. Never rewarded or commended for a job well done at this property, no room for advancement unless you plan to work at this property for a minimum of at least ten years. Hires in a lot of full time college students with expectations of them being able to work full time.

Limited career growth

Former Employee - Housekeeping Team Lead  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Housekeeping Team Lead in Columbus, OH

I worked at Marriott full-time for less than a year

Pros

Upper management is friendly to all employees, great global reputation. They give empowerment to even the lower level employees to correct customer service failures.

Cons

Limited career growth. I took an entry level position as my first full time job after graduating college with a hospitality management degree. After 10 months at my position I started applying to some open positions that were just a step above what my current position was and I got passed over each time for someone who didn't have a degree but had been working at the hotel for 5+ years. I understand the value of experience but I don't have 5 years to waste making barely above minimum wage. So I switched to another company and after 4 months I was promoted and now make twice what I made at Marriott.

Give more chances to the young motivated people, maybe you'd be surprised at what they can do.

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!