There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

Looks can be deceiving

I worked at Marriott part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I worked at a TownePlace by marriot. Pros were that I wasn't tired after my shift or worn out, i got to work alone without my manager hovering over me, and i only had to work a few days because of the long shifts.

Cons

Cons were that there was zero communication that was at all helpful. My manager was never there because she was in charge of two hotels.she was always rude to me, disrespectful, and left passive-aggressive notes in our notebook we used to communicate. how can a hotel run on written communication like that? i was not trained well enough and constantly had no idea how to do anything that was out of the ordinary. i always had to call the other hotel and ask them or call my other manager. i worked at night so i always checked people in. we were supposed to get $1 each walk-in though i never saw proof of this or reflected in my pay check.

scores/surveys ran the hotel and changed her mood. the scores were low because the owners were cheap, hotel rooms were ugly and unappealing, no one is thoroughly trained ,and the hotel is deceiving in terms of looks. i was given one day a week my last week and knew that something was suspicious when she was hiring 3 other people for front desk. i was called in out of the ordinary at an abnormal time, and i knew i was getting "let go" because we were put on a 90 day probation which is why their turnover is so high. i think it's bs, so i gave them two weeks notice before they could fire me. they said to just go. i could not have been happier.

communicate! stop leaving notes and speak with people to their face! 90 PROBATION IS BS. train people effectively so your turnover rate is not off the charts. even long term stay guests noticed the turn over.BE RESPECTFUL AND ASK US OUR PREFERENCE FOR HOLIDAY HOURS

1351 Other Employee Reviews for Marriott (View Most Recent)

Terrible management

Former Employee - Bartender in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Bartender in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Marriott full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I absolutely loved my co-workers and I really enjoyed my job as it was.

Cons

Over worked. My manager promised me to work my schedule around my college courses, then constantly asked me to skip classes to work. Management does not care about the staff, they just want good scores. Often times coworkers would know before the employee about a wrongdoing.

Learn to communicate with staff directly.

Great work environment, provided many opportunities

Former Employee - Guest Service Representative in Metairie, LA
    Former Employee - Guest Service Representative in Metairie, LA

I worked at Marriott full-time (more than an year)

Pros

advancement, diversity, comfortable work environment

Cons

hours, inconsistent business, constant change in customers

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott