Marriott
www.marriott.com Bethesda, MD 5000+ Employees

For a sense of stability, not a sense of high pay

Manager (Current Employee)
Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Marriott full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWorking for this company has shared a number of great attributes from company sponsored outings, leniency for associates needing time off, and a sense of nurturing for those eager to grow.

ConsThe pay just isn't there. Only way it appears to gain the a higher salary is to know friends who work within specific departments, transfer around different departments or acquire tenure status; basically working for a very long time.

Advice to Senior ManagementMotivation is key to driving a team to proceed toward their highest achievements. As soon as you, the superior/leader, appear to lose focus of the goals for the team then its obvious for associates to sense that. If management were to weed out the "lazy" folks, maybe some of us actual HARD-WORKERS can finally catch a break.

Great Company as a whole, be careful of the individual property you choose to work for.

Front Desk Agent (Current Employee)
Memphis, TN

I have been working at Marriott full-time for less than a year

Pros: - Lots of training and devlopement - Always chances to move up within… Cons: - Depending on the size of the property the General Manager can seem unreachable and out of touch with… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place to work

Chef (Former Employee)
Chapel Hill, NC

I worked at Marriott full-time for more than a year

Pros: Respect for employees. Great benefits. Flexibility of hours. Good pay. Willing to take time to resolve employee… Cons: Turnover sometimes hard to deal with. In one year only 2 of us… Advice to Senior Management: Make sure the kitchen is sized properly for the level… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Marriott.

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marriott reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Marriott CEO Arne Sorenson. All reviews posted anonymously by Marriott employees.