Great place to work

Former Employee - Chef in Chapel Hill, NC
Former Employee - Chef in Chapel Hill, NC

I worked at Marriott full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Respect for employees. Great benefits. Flexibility of hours. Good pay. Willing to take time to resolve employee conflicts. When the weather was too dangerous to drive in they put me in a room overnight free.

Cons

Turnover sometimes hard to deal with. In one year only 2 of us remained. Kitchen equipment only marginally effective. Not enough work table to work effectively.

Advice to Management

Make sure the kitchen is sized properly for the level of work required.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Disastrous

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Marriott full-time

Pros

Marriott discount... Maybe some free food. Thats pretty much it.

Cons

This is a very typical starter position job. That said even for your typical starter position this one is strikingly bad. Mismanaged, understaffed, apathetic... and its not a corporate hotel so there will be no corporate benefits. There are other hotels in the area. If you want to be in hospitality choose from those. This one needs a rehaul. The brand is made to look like the typical "corporate family" deal, but the morale says something different.

Advice to Management

You can give it, but it will be lost within chains of command or on the deaf ears of investing pools (or corporate). There is no followthrough at this place, only punishment and memos.

2. Great place to work!

Former Employee - Server in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Server in Orlando, FL

I worked at Marriott part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked in the Fine Dining and Bar area at the Marriott. My manager was one of the sweetest people to work under. HR were very helpful. Hotel benefits were awesome, if you wanted to go on vacation and use your Marriott discount. Mr. Marriott will come in and greet his employees once a year or so, very nice and genuine person. We had an awesome GM that was always in a good mood.

Cons

I was sad when another hotel brand bought the hotel, had it not been for school, I would have transferred to another Marriott hotel. After a the hotel changed its name, the GM was replaced and the hotel went down after that.

Advice to Management

None