Great place to work

Former Employee - Chef  in  Chapel Hill, NC
Former Employee - Chef in Chapel Hill, NC

I worked at Marriott full-time for more than a year

Pros

Respect for employees. Great benefits. Flexibility of hours. Good pay. Willing to take time to resolve employee conflicts. When the weather was too dangerous to drive in they put me in a room overnight free.

Cons

Turnover sometimes hard to deal with. In one year only 2 of us remained. Kitchen equipment only marginally effective. Not enough work table to work effectively.

Make sure the kitchen is sized properly for the level of work required.

Other Reviews for Marriott

Good Company

Current Employee - Room Service  in  Coralville, IA
    Current Employee - Room Service in Coralville, IA

I have been working at Marriott part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good perks, management usually comes with benefits. Atmosphere was generally friendly and hospitable towards staff. Reasonable hours and pay. Overall, would recommend working here.

Cons

It is a corporation and, as such, is subject to a corporate environment. Expect lengthy meetings that don't seem to serve any purpose, but if that's one of the worst things that happens, it can't be so bad.

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Server  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Server in Orlando, FL

I worked at Marriott part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked in the Fine Dining and Bar area at the Marriott. My manager was one of the sweetest people to work under. HR were very helpful. Hotel benefits were awesome, if you wanted to go on vacation and use your Marriott discount. Mr. Marriott will come in and greet his employees once a year or so, very nice and genuine person. We had an awesome GM that was always in a good mood.

Cons

I was sad when another hotel brand bought the hotel, had it not been for school, I would have transferred to another Marriott hotel. After a the hotel changed its name, the GM was replaced and the hotel went down after that.

None

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott.

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!