Marriott

www.marriott.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

Marriott Experience from me, a bottom level employee

I worked at Marriott

Pros

Great people, great locations, great scenery

Cons

Management does not show interest in you.

Care more

1597 Other Employee Reviews for Marriott (View Most Recent)

Many unprofessional supervisors and coworkers. Not a job for anyone outside of hospitality area.

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Ypsilanti, MI
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Ypsilanti, MI

I have been working at Marriott part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Helping people, getting to see regular guests.

Cons

VERY HIGH turnover rate, problems with upper management. Never rewarded or commended for a job well done at this property, no room for advancement unless you plan to work at this property for a minimum of at least ten years. Hires in a lot of full time college students with expectations of them being able to work full time.

Limited career growth

Former Employee - Housekeeping Team Lead in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Housekeeping Team Lead in Columbus, OH

I worked at Marriott full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Upper management is friendly to all employees, great global reputation. They give empowerment to even the lower level employees to correct customer service failures.

Cons

Limited career growth. I took an entry level position as my first full time job after graduating college with a hospitality management degree. After 10 months at my position I started applying to some open positions that were just a step above what my current position was and I got passed over each time for someone who didn't have a degree but had been working at the hotel for 5+ years. I understand the value of experience but I don't have 5 years to waste making barely above minimum wage. So I switched to another company and after 4 months I was promoted and now make twice what I made at Marriott.

Give more chances to the young motivated people, maybe you'd be surprised at what they can do.

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott