Marriott

www.marriott.com

IT Outsourcing - Heading down the

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bethesda, MD

ProsThere are opportunities to work remote part time. Most of the people are good to work with. Decent benefits, but, those are being cut back. Nice discounts on hotel rooms, when they're available.

ConsOutsourcing has destroyed moral. Sr management is not in touch with employees below them. The company is now being run by finance managers, from the CEO down. It's all about the bottom line and wall street. Cutting benefits, rising costs to associates. They've lost the family core value management they used to advocate.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou think outsourcing will make your IT systems more agile and quicker to market. You will soon learn the opposite. Things will get bogged down in red tape between vendors and all the in house knowledge will be gone. Contractors who know nothing about Marriott will be building systems that will be mediocre at best and cause more problems for the end user business community. By the time you figure out your mistake, it will be a long road back.

Service Industry is Challenging

Assistant General Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Marriott full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great atmosphere! Travel/hotel benefit is sorely missed. Values of company… Cons: Wages are low and hours are long. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Its good from a compensation point of view

Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Marriott full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Freedom in innovation. Very flexible in office working time. Cons: No standard procedures for SDLC. Advice to Senior Management: Make sure the team is balanced with work for each… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Marriott.

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!