Marriott
3.6 of 5 1,175 reviews
www.marriott.com Bethesda, MD 5000+ Employees

Excellent employer.

Event Services Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsMarriott's philosophy of "Take care of your associates and they will take care of your customers" is an excellent one. They have taken good care of me - in return for working hard, I've been compensated fairly and given a positive and supportive environment in which to work.

ConsAs is normal in the hospitality industry, some long hours including nights and weekends. This comes with the territory. Additionally, some of the computer systems are very dated.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpgrade computer systems. Using a DOS based system in 2013 is unacceptable

Working for Marriott was very rewarding and fun

Banquet Server (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

I have been working at Marriott part-time for more than a year

Pros: close company atmosphere and got to meet a lot of… Cons: was a big company and still has that big company… Advice to Senior Management: pay more attention to the little staff members Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Its good from a compensation point of view

Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
    Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Marriott full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Freedom in innovation. Very flexible in office working time. Cons: No standard procedures for SDLC. Advice to Senior Management: Make sure the team is balanced with work for each… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Marriott.

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marriott reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Marriott CEO Arne Sorenson. All reviews posted anonymously by Marriott employees.