There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

have been a long term employee

Current Employee - Technical Consultant
Current Employee - Technical Consultant

I have been working at Marriott full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people are great to work with. Very professional, talented and dedicated to the work they do. Good benefits.

Cons

I understand the need to review and eliminate some jobs, but it is very sad to see so many talented and dedicated employees about to be outsourced, and it seems the cuts are too broad and too deep.

Advice to Management

Follow Mr. Marriott's advice, "Take care of your associates and they will take of you."

Other Employee Reviews for Marriott

1. Above Property Role

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Marriott full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great leadership. Given the tools to excel at your job. Good training.

Cons

Would be nice to have a little more guidance on processes as you have to be a little pro-active.

Advice to Management

Not a lot to complain about.

2. Slightly above average in certain areas and certainly below average in others...

Current Employee - Rooms Operations Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Rooms Operations Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Marriott full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent Training, Great potential for career growth, and International Company.

Cons

Extremely political!!! Salary compensation is certainly below other hotel companies!!!

Advice to Management

I really would like to see more career advancement of my peers based on work performance and not based on if one is liked on a personal level. I really would like to see the company truly take a look at compensation particularly with managers. I applied for a for a promotion position and was offered the position. However, I struggled to decide if I wanted the position due to the low pay increase offered. It's extremely difficult when you are looking to advance and the advance requires relocation to an area where housing cost is 150-200% more then where you are currently located and the compensation increase less than is 11%.