Proud to work for Marriott

Former Employee - Sales Coordinator  in  Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Sales Coordinator in Orlando, FL

I worked at Marriott full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I Loved working for this company. I was sad to see my position eliminated due to corporate reorganization in June of 2011.

Cons

Corporate restructuring led me to lose my position after 15 years with the company. It was sad and unfortunate to have to start over elsewhere after 15 years.

Other Reviews for Marriott

Terrible for IT work as of last year, and getting worse

Current Employee - Technical Consultant  in  Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Frederick, MD

I have been working at Marriott full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Cheap hotel deals, when available, are a great benefit (only for permanent employees). Comfortable office building. Tries to be green, if you like that kind of stuff. Traces of corporate loyalty remain, but that's changing fast, so hurry up to enjoy it. They have money to burn on nice HQ facilities, which is nice for us who are there. Company makes good profits, so great bennies and pay for upper management if that's where you're looking to work.

Cons

IT outsourcing is well underway. Beware if you are IT contracting; they might tell you it's "just a re-org", but IT employees are being rebadged with outsourcers later this year, or (mostly) just sacked, with only a handful left to oversee the outsourced services, and IT contractors have no idea what's coming. Outside of IT, seems OK, so long as you watch for the next benefit cut; they do this to some random thing every year or so. Other IT shops in DC Metro often pay much better. Absolutely, totally would never recommend this place right now to an IT friend unless s/he is desperate and willing to work a rapacious contract but with an unknown future.

Too late for advice other than how to pick up the wreckage. You sure picked the wrong guys to run this. Get some good lawyers to deal with your outsourcers later. Get a good PR firm to deal with the fallout from random IT failures that are coming.

good

I have been working at Marriott

Pros

Great for overtime, fairly easy job

Cons

bad for your social life and its hit or miss with management some are great to work for and others seem to hate their lives

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott.

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!